Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics)

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics) IMG_5187.JPG

So I went back to the dealer today and saw my original Service Advisor (haven't seen her in a month) and told her about the issue. So the manager that I called several days ago did indeed inform her I was coming her way about the issue and she took the car in immediately as soon as I saw her. To my surprise, 15 minutes later the car was done; implying that what they did in the back was just forcefully push the bumper in, in hopes that it doesn't come back out and I leave 'satisfied.'

After the first try, I told her that I wanted to take the car for a spin and see if it would pop back out. I drove 5 miles and went back and told her it did pop out. This time, one of the service managers took the car himself and this time it'd be a bit longer than the first attempt. After he tries to fix it, the car is shown as above.

I'm now at home and the bumper still pops out but not as bad as it did. There were lots of hand marks on the left and right side of the bumper, which means they did try to remove the bumper. At this point, I've no more time to come back to the dealer because I have other things to attend to. But it does look like I'm ready to give on the bumper issue until the time comes for me to sell the Touring (in ~6 months) and fix it then.

Either that or I get another competent dealer, who installed my Type R steering, to fix it. My family bought 5 cars in the last 2 years from this particular dealer and I'm very disappointed with their service quality.
Sponsored

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The suspense in this thread is killing me lol. After my install I was having the same issue and when I took off the bumper again I saw the broken clips under the headlights so I'm betting that's what happened at the dealer. To replace them is very easy, it's a couple of 10mm bolts holding in the lights, unplug the lights and then you just take them out and screw the clip assembly back on.
do you have the part number, i cant seem to find in any of the diagrams on the honda estore

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
To provide an update,

I went back to the dealer again today and they've finally admit that the clips on the right side of the bumper has broken off. They've ordered the clips from the collision center and all I have to do is wait for the parts to come in. The dealer will cover the cost, apparently. The total is $130.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I broke a clip too but it was left closer to middle. They are just too brittle with very little flex. But I also notice the painted strip is not clipped into your grill. I can see the slots where they clip in. You have some serious gap going on as if things are not reinstalled properly.

To provide an update,

I went back to the dealer again today and they've finally admit that the clips on the right side of the bumper has broken off. They've ordered the clips from the collision center and all I have to do is wait for the parts to come in. The dealer will cover the cost, apparently. The total is $130.

Last edited:

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I broke a clip too but it was left closer to middle. They are just too brittle with very little flex. But I also notice the painted strip is not clipped into your grill. I can see the slots where they clip in. You have some serious gap going on as if things are not reinstalled properly.
Yeah if its that noticeable by picture, just imagine how noticeable it is in person.

Update: I got a call today from the collision center and they said the part is ready and I've already booked an appointment with them to install it next Wednesday; free of charge.

MikeyMcFly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
About to this on Tuesday. One question though, do you absolutely have to remove the bumper? I've tried looking on YT for a DIY but no luck. What tools do I need? Either this or I get the dealer to install for me for about $140.
How much did you buy the grill for? I've been checking online but the shipping is super expensive to ship to California.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you buy the grill for? I've been checking online but the shipping is super expensive to ship to California.
I bought the grill for about $230 at my local dealer. I'd say its worth the price considering you get the 2 year warranty when you buy it there.

StrixCivic

First Name
Strix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring and Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
grabbed it from here. https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

below are the part numbers you would need

Front Grille: 71121-TGG-A01
Front Emblem Base: 71125-TGG-A01
Right Front Grille Extension Assembly: 71124-TED-T01
Left Front Grille Extension Assembly: 71129-TED-T01
Hi there,

I am trying to replace chrome with glossy black, and i came across your reply.
Before i make purchase, i wanna make sure they fit my 2017 Civic Sedan Touring and they are glossy black.
Because when i enter these parts number and my vehicle model,
It pops up this error message - Sorry, this part does not fit the vehicle you selected
Please let me know if they actually fit.

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics) not

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi there,

I am trying to replace chrome with glossy black, and i came across your reply.
Before i make purchase, i wanna make sure they fit my 2017 Civic Sedan Touring and they are glossy black.
Because when i enter these parts number and my vehicle model,
It pops up this error message - Sorry, this part does not fit the vehicle you selected
Please let me know if they actually fit.

Thanks

not.jpg
it will fit, just use the part number i showed there, most of us have already swaped out our grilles with the hatchback grille, myself included. on the very first page of this thread and very first post is pics of my car with it installed

StrixCivic

First Name
Strix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
grabbed it from here. https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

below are the part numbers you would need

Front Grille: 71121-TGG-A01
Front Emblem Base: 71125-TGG-A01
Right Front Grille Extension Assembly: 71124-TED-T01
Left Front Grille Extension Assembly: 71129-TED-T01
it will fit, just use the part number i showed there, most of us have already swaped out our grilles with the hatchback grille, myself included. on the very first page of this thread and very first post is pics of my car with it installed
Thank you for prompt response. I will be ordering them soon.

StrixCivic

First Name
Strix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hatch grill does fit a civic sedan.. look at my garage. I did it
Thanks for the confirmation.
I did go to your profile and garage, cant see any pictures there, do i need to follow you or anything.