Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics)

Elwoodscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
That looks really nice. Now I just want to be clear, you put the HB grill on the sedan? The reason I ask is that I have been told at several Honda parts counters in NC that the dimensions of the HB grill are different than the sedan' s grill. I really don't want to order an RS sedan grill from the Philippines or anywhere over there if I don't have to. Did you have any issues with the HB grill fitting on you sedan?

Further, did the bumper cover come off pretty easily? Your feedback is appreciated. I really like that black grill and want to "RS" up my sedan. I just picked up some red "H's" to put on mine when I get that grill on. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks really nice. Now I just want to be clear, you put the HB grill on the sedan? The reason I ask is that I have been told at several Honda parts counters in NC that the dimensions of the HB grill are different than the sedan' s grill. I really don't want to order an RS sedan grill from the Philippines or anywhere over there if I don't have to. Did you have any issues with the HB grill fitting on you sedan?

Further, did the bumper cover come off pretty easily? Your feedback is appreciated. I really like that black grill and want to "RS" up my sedan. I just picked up some red "H's" to put on mine when I get that grill on. Thanks
yup, bought the HB grille for the sedan. the dimensions are exactly the same as the sedans. the parts advisers will tell you it wont fit because it wont show in their parts catalog as compatible parts. mine fit with no issues and exactly same fitment as the sedan, same mounting points etc... the bumper comes off pretty easily, just be patient. i believe some people have posted a video on removal and some guides in this thread also

Elwoodscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
That is good to know, yeah I have been looking at the HB and Sedan front ends, side to side and from a visual aspect they look identical. The emblems I found are different from the ones you have in that the H is red and there is no background. Yours looks really nice. If I can ever find the time and do get that grill, I will send you some pictures.

Question, are you in Guam? I saw the perimeter of your plate on your plate on your grill. Does Honda offer the RS in Guam?

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is good to know, yeah I have been looking at the HB and Sedan front ends, side to side and from a visual aspect they look identical. The emblems I found are different from the ones you have in that the H is red and there is no background. Yours looks really nice. If I can ever find the time and do get that grill, I will send you some pictures.

Question, are you in Guam? I saw the perimeter of your plate on your plate on your grill. Does Honda offer the RS in Guam?
yup, from Guam. unfortunatly we dont get the RS down here. just the standard US trims except the Touring. we only got our SI's 2 weeks ago, lol

Elwoodscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Yeah I am just now seeing the Si's around here in North Carolina. My wife and I are Volkswagen TDI refugees so to speak. We got a white 17 touring sedan and we found certified 16 touring sedan with only 3500 miles on it about 2 mos ago. My father sold our oldest daughter my late mothers 2008 Accord last year and we have really been impressed with the Honda line. Fuel mileage is not what we were getting on the TDI's but we are getting decent mileage. That new civic design is the nicest I have ever seen on any vehicle in many years.

One of my best friends was an Army MP in Guam.

Thanks so much for getting back with me, let's keep in touch. I will keep you posted

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

So around a month ago I've had the hatch grill installed into my Sedan and was wondering if any of you have had any fitting problems with your bumper? I have the clear side-markers installed on my sedan and apparently the right side of the bumper won't properly clip, this is the same side that I kind of messed up the side-marker install, and I've had the dealer try to fix it but every time they do fix it, it pops back out and they claim the side-marker may be to blame.

Anyone have similar problems?

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

So around a month ago I've had the hatch grill installed into my Sedan and was wondering if any of you have had any fitting problems with your bumper? I have the clear side-markers installed on my sedan and apparently the right side of the bumper won't properly clip, this is the same side that I kind of messed up the side-marker install, and I've had the dealer try to fix it but every time they do fix it, it pops back out and they claim the side-marker may be to blame.

Anyone have similar problems?
I doubt the side markers are the problem because i also have the clear markers installed. the most likely possibility is a broken clip or mount bracket or they didnt put the screws back in the wheel well side. i would pull the bumper off and inspect all the clips and mounting points on the side of the bumper with the problem. do you have pics of it popping off? if this is the same dealer that gave you a bad time from the last time you posted i suspect a bad install.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally my TypeR H emblems came in at the Honda dealer. Im joining you guys soon with a Si black grill... ;)

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt the side markers are the problem because i also have the clear markers installed. the most likely possibility is a broken clip or mount bracket or they didnt put the screws back in the wheel well side. i would pull the bumper off and inspect all the clips and mounting points on the side of the bumper with the problem. do you have pics of it popping off? if this is the same dealer that gave you a bad time from the last time you posted i suspect a bad install.
Yeah its the same dealer that installed it. First time they did it, they completely did a bad job of installing it because the grill wasn't properly clipped but the bumper was. The second time I went back there, they fixed the grill and this bumper problem came along. Now mind you, ever since the first install I've never had the chance to see the Service Advisor that I usually see because our time didn't match and I can only visit the dealer on Saturdays, when she's off.

I DO get the hint that its a broken clip that they messed up but don't want to pay for. My left side-marker and bumper is completely intact. This dealer is turning out to be a nightmare. If I hadn't purchased the warranty program and whatnot from them, I'd have left them ages ago because this is ridiculous.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
yup, from Guam. unfortunatly we dont get the RS down here. just the standard US trims except the Touring. we only got our SI's 2 weeks ago, lol
hatch is hot and best in us

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is how it pops out.

IMG_5139.JPG
i see... have you tried pressing it in with the palm of your hand? do you feel or hear it clip in? that most likely is a broken clip. i just hope its not the lock on the bumper itself

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
i see... have you tried pressing it in with the palm of your hand? do you feel or hear it clip in? that most likely is a broken clip. i just hope its not the lock on the bumper itself
When I press it in with my hands, it sticks in there for a while and pops back out after I drive it. I already called the service manager of the dealer and complained of the issue and she assures me that they'll take care of it when I bring it in and not to go home before everything is resolved.

Let's see how this pans out.

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I press it in with my hands, it sticks in there for a while and pops back out after I drive it. I already called the service manager of the dealer and complained of the issue and she assures me that they'll take care of it when I bring it in and not to go home before everything is resolved.

Let's see how this pans out.
please keep us updated im having this same exact issue and i took a peek behind the bumper myself but all the clips seem intact so im not sure why it wont stay clipped in

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
The suspense in this thread is killing me lol. After my install I was having the same issue and when I took off the bumper again I saw the broken clips under the headlights so I'm betting that's what happened at the dealer. To replace them is very easy, it's a couple of 10mm bolts holding in the lights, unplug the lights and then you just take them out and screw the clip assembly back on.
Sponsored