Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah they could but something catastrophic would have to happen and I'm willing to take that risk
They'd have to prove that the flash is what broke it to
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • the car is quick and when used as directed, you get the advertised FE.
  • imo, you have a balancing act with Honda, they will not make V8s and fast turbos.'
  • but they win me over with simple shit that we haven't had on an LX bare bones like Brake Hold and Honda Sensing and hell glad to have a turbo, even a pencil neck geek one, lol

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
so tune is pretty much the only thing worth doing any gains for this car? but it is risky considering the warranty.

i feel throttle body spacer, intake, and exhaust would be a waste of money with no real improvement

then again this is my daily I just want wheels LOL the stock exhaust actually sounds pretty good I love it

Would a high performance intercooler do anything performance wise ? sounds like a dumb question but
Get a good set of tires.

Get some E85

CGet a clutch from clutch Masters and PRL downpipe (pipe is optional)

Finally get kuner V2 and then order a tune from Vit

Looking at 260 ish whp

That's pretty much what you can get safely atm. Vit said he's working on a turbo but it's been a while since we got updates

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Hi guys,

I choose to post my question here because you guys seemed very knowledgable about what to do with the Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Hatch aftermarket

Basically, my question is how do i mod it to get the HP and the control of a Civic SI?

I know i can get easily
- Hondata and flash the ECU
- Tires + Rubber to 235/40R18 91W
- Larger difference brakes

Will these upgrades above help?

I am not sure if the Active dampers suspensions and Limited-slip differential is gonna be a easy or cheap upgrade

Below is the full list of difference from Wikipedia on current Civic SI (i removed the items that are not performance and control related)
  • engine output increased to 205 HP @ 5,700 RPM (SAE net) and 192 lb-ft torque @ 2,100-5,000 RPM (SAE net)
  • higher maximum boost pressure (20.3 vs. 16.5 PSI)
  • lower compression ratio (10.3:1 vs. 10.6:1)
  • higher-capacity MHI TD025 turbocharger (9-vane vs. 11-vane)
  • helical limited-slip differential
  • larger front brake rotors (12.3" vs. 11.1" vented front and 11.1" vs. 10.2" solid rear)
  • two-mode damper system with normal and firm settings
  • SPORT mode replaces ECON mode - increases suspension damping, reduces power steering assist, increases throttle sensitivity, and raises the activation threshold of the Vehicle Stability Assist system
  • 235/40R18 91W tires vs. 215/50R17 91H
  • 7% stiffer front spring rate
  • 18% stiffer front upper damper mounts
  • 7% stiffer front stabilizer bar rate
  • 32% stiffer rear spring rate
  • Solid vs. fluid-filled front and rear compliance bushings (rear shared with the Type R)
  • High-stiffness rear upper control arms (shared with the Type R)
  • 26% stiffer rear stabilizer bar rate
  • center-mounted polygonal exhaust outlet
  • higher-flowing intake system
  • 23% higher-flowing exhaust system
  • 10% shorter shifter throw
  • revised shift linkage
  • increased rigidity of shifter bracket mount
  • additional items in Driver Information Display including G-force meter, turbo boost gauge with PSI indication, lap timer, throttle percentage, and brake pressure

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Tune, ( custom preferred ) downpipe, cold air intake, flex fuel sensor and some ethanol. There’s your power, oh and to put it down to the ground, get the FX300 or 350 clutch with a upgraded rear motor mount and some better tires.

Edit* If you have a manual that is.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi guys,

I choose to post my question here because you guys seemed very knowledgable about what to do with the Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Hatch aftermarket

Basically, my question is how do i mod it to get the HP and the control of a Civic SI?

I know i can get easily
- Hondata and flash the ECU
- Tires + Rubber to 235/40R18 91W
- Larger difference brakes

Will these upgrades above help?

I am not sure if the Active dampers suspensions and Limited-slip differential is gonna be a easy or cheap upgrade

Below is the full list of difference from Wikipedia on current Civic SI (i removed the items that are not performance and control related)
  • engine output increased to 205 HP @ 5,700 RPM (SAE net) and 192 lb-ft torque @ 2,100-5,000 RPM (SAE net)
  • higher maximum boost pressure (20.3 vs. 16.5 PSI)
  • lower compression ratio (10.3:1 vs. 10.6:1)
  • higher-capacity MHI TD025 turbocharger (9-vane vs. 11-vane)
  • helical limited-slip differential
  • larger front brake rotors (12.3" vs. 11.1" vented front and 11.1" vs. 10.2" solid rear)
  • two-mode damper system with normal and firm settings
  • SPORT mode replaces ECON mode - increases suspension damping, reduces power steering assist, increases throttle sensitivity, and raises the activation threshold of the Vehicle Stability Assist system
  • 235/40R18 91W tires vs. 215/50R17 91H
  • 7% stiffer front spring rate
  • 18% stiffer front upper damper mounts
  • 7% stiffer front stabilizer bar rate
  • 32% stiffer rear spring rate
  • Solid vs. fluid-filled front and rear compliance bushings (rear shared with the Type R)
  • High-stiffness rear upper control arms (shared with the Type R)
  • 26% stiffer rear stabilizer bar rate
  • center-mounted polygonal exhaust outlet
  • higher-flowing intake system
  • 23% higher-flowing exhaust system
  • 10% shorter shifter throw
  • revised shift linkage
  • increased rigidity of shifter bracket mount
  • additional items in Driver Information Display including G-force meter, turbo boost gauge with PSI indication, lap timer, throttle percentage, and brake pressure
Isn't the turbo boost gauge also present on the EX-T?