Hasport Rear Mount Quick take

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
So I got the CTR and decided to do all my "mods" at once. There has been talk about upgrading the rear engine mount and I went with Hasport as they are a local company. Street 62A version

My intial experience is you will notice NVH at low speeds, but this is expected. Give it a few hundred miles and it should break in and allow some movement.

Installation is easy if you have a lift. Basic hand tools is needed and patience. Remove the lower aluminum panel along with taking some of the plastic push pins of the rear plastic lower panel to allow flexing on removing the rear bolt. You don't have to take off the downpipe as the front bolt has a slot for you to "wiggle" it out. Prior to installtion of the new hasport mount lube up the bushing where it will contact the subframe in the rear. A bit force is needed to get the mount into place, I used a rubber mallet.

I'll post a follow up quick take after 500miles to see if the NVH came down or its still the same
Sponsored

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the description. For us non us guys, what does NVH mean?

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the information. How does the mount do when driving the car hard and launching? Wheel hop?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I don’t see an FK8 specific engine mount on Hasport.com. Is the base model civic engine mount compatible with the FK8?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I've had this mount on my CTR for about 400 miles now and I don't think the NVH has got any different I just got use to it. From 1,000-1,300 RPMs is the only time I notice it really. Even my fiance was like "is your car running weird". I just didn't tell her about it:p

No good performance reviews about launching or cornering because it's been 20-40 degrees here and the tires wouldn't be at their best.

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
500 mile report, mount should be settled in.

The NVH did come down a lot but I still do have some small vibration on low RPMs say 1k-2500 if that. Overall a good buy. Dynod the car and got surprising numbers. And the place I dynod the car said that the engine movement isn't as hard as he seen on the other CTRs he dynod locally. I'll post a new thread about it.

BATMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I got the CTR and decided to do all my "mods" at once. There has been talk about upgrading the rear engine mount and I went with Hasport as they are a local company. Street 62A version

My intial experience is you will notice NVH at low speeds, but this is expected. Give it a few hundred miles and it should break in and allow some movement.

Installation is easy if you have a lift. Basic hand tools is needed and patience. Remove the lower aluminum panel along with taking some of the plastic push pins of the rear plastic lower panel to allow flexing on removing the rear bolt. You don't have to take off the downpipe as the front bolt has a slot for you to "wiggle" it out. Prior to installtion of the new hasport mount lube up the bushing where it will contact the subframe in the rear. A bit force is needed to get the mount into place, I used a rubber mallet.

I'll post a follow up quick take after 500miles to see if the NVH came down or its still the same
ARE YOU KIDDING ME>? "A bit of force is needed to get the mount in place"
Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport Rear Mount Quick take img_20180112_124515-

A lot of force is required to get that oversized motor mount in (70A). Pretty sure if you watch a video on the boomba motor mount you will click buy now.
Hasboro looks like they had the better design but after installing this there must be a tolerance issue. Wd40 did nothing..thats how tight it was..plus hammering it in..then aligning it was a little difficult.
If I had the choice again Id buy Boomba Racing, unless I had a car lift.

Last edited:

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm waiting for 27WON's to come out before making a choice.
They need to come out with both the mount and exhaust soon! :spaz:

BATMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I picked up the AFE exhaust and also the downpipe. The exhaust is quicker to install than the motor mount. If anythings wrong with it..ill post it and add photos after install.

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
ARE YOU KIDDING ME>? "A bit of force is needed to get the mount in place"
img_20180112_124515-jpg.jpg

A lot of force is required to get that oversized motor mount in (70A). Pretty sure if you watch a video on the boomba motor mount you will click buy now.
Hasboro looks like they had the better design but after installing this there must be a tolerance issue. Wd40 did nothing..thats how tight it was..plus hammering it in..then aligning it was a little difficult.
If I had the choice again Id buy Boomba Racing, unless I had a car lift.

Installation is easy if you have a lift. Basic hand tools is needed and patience.
you put a 70a of course that will be stiffer and needs more convincing to get into place. I'm willing to bet you did the installation on a floor jack and floor stands..
I had a lift and did subframe tweaks. If you want something that is loose fit on a "Semi-Solid" mount you will do more harm than good. I was a tech for Mercedes Benz and Acura before becoming an engineer.
You used WD40 on a bushing, should of used grease. If you had any questions I would have respectfully given you more insight on how to install the mount on a professional level.

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Installed the Hasport 70A rear motor mount. Install was easy pretty straight forward but I greased the bushing with some synthetic Mobil 1 grease before install. Took the car out for a spin and I do get a little vibrations when starting up the car then dies down and when taking off in 1st gear but is nothing bad at all. Eliminated almost all wheel hops on 1st gear and no more wheel hops on 2nd gear. It just puts the power down and feels a whole lot better than stock now. No weird noise or anything like that. Makes the car feel sportier in my opinion and love it and do not regret it since I went with the more aggressive one instead of the 62A one. I would recommend it for anyone who is is looking to eliminate the wheel hops on 1st and 2nd gear. Once it breaks in is suppose to get better and less vibrations so I will report back in 500 miles or so.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport Rear Mount Quick take DDC45E6A-4E42-44D2-B008-79AF81E0B65A
Sponsored