Has Honda sensing saved anyone's car yet?

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
Has anyone had it activate to stop a collision? Save you from dosing off?

Does it really stop the car if you don't or are not paying attention. In otherwords, it's impossible to run into another car in the back.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
In otherwords, it's impossible to run into another car in the back.
Honda tells you many times in the OM that it hasn't made it impossible. Disclaimers about Honda Sensing are probably ten pages of the OM.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
It literally saved mine on the drive back from the dealership, no joke. Guy in a BMW dove in front of me at an offramp and it braked hard for me. Not sure if I would have seen it in time to brake myself because he braked hard as soon as he got in front of me. (Gotta love BMW drivers, I seriously hope they all burn in Hell.)

Last edited:

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
It literally saved mine on the drive back from the dealership, no joke. Guy in a BMW dove in front of me at an offramp and it braked hard for me. Not sure if I would have seen it in time to brake myself because he braked hard as soon as he got in front of me. (Gotta love BMW drivers, I seriously hope they all burn in Hell.)
This right here is why I miss my Mustang. I loved fucking with BMW drivers that were acting stupid. They couldn't catch me. 380RWHP (420ish at the crank) at 3,000lbs with 4.10 rear end was too much for them, I guess haha.

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
This right here is why I miss my Mustang. I loved fucking with BMW drivers that were acting stupid. They couldn't catch me. 380RWHP (420ish at the crank) at 3,000lbs with 4.10 rear end was too much for them, I guess haha.
Haha that's great, i can't wait till i am done school and can get a project car to take to the track and have fun with. i've been thinking of an older muscle car like a mustang or a camaro, although the miata is also on my list as i have driven those and they are a ton of fun to drive. With the miata it's like driving a go cart, also with how they are built it's really easy to take them into corners.

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Mine has put me back on the road a few times. There are a lot of narrow curvy roads in my area and if you look down for even a second, the road departure mitigation will keep you from going into the marsh. Chances are near 100% I would have caught it myself each time... it's just really nice to know it's watching out for you. And yes, it will stop you if it needs to... just try the adaptive cruise control in rush our... it can be unnerving.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha that's great, i can't wait till i am done school and can get a project car to take to the track and have fun with. i've been thinking of an older muscle car like a mustang or a camaro, although the miata is also on my list as i have driven those and they are a ton of fun to drive. With the miata it's like driving a go cart, also with how they are built it's really easy to take them into corners.
If I could do it all over again, I would have went for a turbo Miata. It's 'fun' to smash everything in a straight line, but it does get boring after a while, and filling up 15 gallons of fuel to go about 150-200 miles got old, really, really quick.

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
If I could do it all over again, I would have went for a turbo Miata. It's 'fun' to smash everything in a straight line, but it does get boring after a while, and filling up 15 gallons of fuel to go about 150-200 miles got old, really, really quick.
Yea thats why i want to go with a miata since it's an amazing track car, cheap, and easy to work on. I would get bored of always driving in a straight line aswell, i was always more of a track driver than a drag strip. Don't get me wrong drag is awesome and really cool to watch and drive but to me it's way more fun flying a car around a track.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea thats why i want to go with a miata since it's an amazing track car, cheap, and easy to work on. I would get bored of always driving in a straight line aswell, i was always more of a track driver than a drag strip. Don't get me wrong drag is awesome and really cool to watch and drive but to me it's way more fun flying a car around a track.
A well done 'budget' orientated Miata can still do low 14's really high 13's at the drag.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
it's also means you can eat breakfast and drink coffee while the car drives.

But yes it's saved me twice. Putting on the breaks bringing me to a stop becuase somone has swirved into the lane ahead causing the traffic to come to an abrupt halt.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I really miss having it on the R. Loved it on my accord touring coupe

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had a momentary lapse of attention in stop-go traffic and the Civic braked for me. Would have been a minor bump otherwise.

Also, check out this clip from European crash test authority NCAP:

This only applies to European-market Civics, as they have Sensing as standard (more info on standard equipment etc).

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saved the car in it’s maiden voyage (first open road trip) 3 days after I got it. Hilly area, nice flowing curvy roads, owner intoxicated by how the car feels and holds the lines, all nice and well except for the fact that behind a right hand curve there cars stopped on the road because of an accident a few hundred meters away which had almost blocked the road. Car reacted first (by maximum a second) and emergency braked until the car stopped, ~1.5 meters away from the last car in the line of stopped cars.
Sponsored