SlyDraco
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone used Vis Carbon fiber hood wanted pictures top and bottom curious if its worth the extra $400 with leak proof vents
Sponsored

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I had ViS, Seibon, and even ASM hood. I think the vis hood good for the money and I didn’t run hood pins. I would see it shake a little bit at higher speed. I was reading if you run the rain guard it negates the cooling effect, but it you just want the look then I guess it doesn’t matter.

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had ViS, Seibon, and even ASM hood. I think the vis hood good for the money and I didn’t run hood pins. I would see it shake a little bit at higher speed. I was reading if you run the rain guard it negates the cooling effect, but it you just want the look then I guess it doesn’t matter.
I haven’t had one in 10 years, but the clearcoat on ViS use to be horrible quality resulting in peel. I’m not sure if their clearcoat has improved since then, but depending on price it may be worth the risk.
Sponsored