Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery?

SamuraiFK8

First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, Type R, 2004 Mercedes E500
Country flag
I'd like to upgrade my rear seat cheap fabric to match the front seats material.
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
It isn’t picked because cheap it’s picked because that’s how Type-Rs have been since they released a CTR. Red front seats and black rears with red sticking.

If you do it I think you’ll have way too much red.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It isn’t picked because cheap it’s picked because that’s how Type-Rs have been since they released a CTR. Red front seats and black rears with red sticking.

If you do it I think you’ll have way too much red.
I think in the past they've been finished in Alcantara to match the front seats though. If I were a rich man I'd have my rear seats and rear door panels redone in black Alcantara with red stitching, but I'm not that rich so the stock fabric will do.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did like the '01 Canadian ITR's full red interior
Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? pic3

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think in the past they've been finished in Alcantara to match the front seats though. If I were a rich man I'd have my rear seats and rear door panels redone in black Alcantara with red stitching, but I'm not that rich so the stock fabric will do.
Not in any ek9 or dc2 type r rear seats. Owned them both and never been any nicer.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it’s a novelty item because of how rare and ugly it is : P

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Not in any ek9 or dc2 type r rear seats. Owned them both and never been any nicer.
DC2 definitely had alcantara/suede on the bolsters:
Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? DB8rearcushion5

Looking at EK9 seats though and they don't seem to be the same.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well suede yes, alacantra no. I've been in my 2017 backseats once but they look/ feel the same to me. Nothing to argue here. Like I said this is a type R tradition since the original to have red front seats and black rears. People like to try arguing weird stuff on here.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Well suede yes, alacantra no. I've been in my 2017 backseats once but they look/ feel the same to me
It's the same idea, using the same fabric type on the front and rear seats (even if it's not the same color).

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's the same idea, using the same fabric type on the front and rear seats (even if it's not the same color).
I have no idea what you are trying to argue here lol? The car should have red rear seats because one special edition type r in canada for one year did?

Or are you arguing materials in which case it's the same stuff since then lol. I give up, enjoy arguing over useless details.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man that black back fabric sure looks different, only difference I see is the original ek9 is even worse lol.

It's like some current owners have no idea of the Type-R lineage and just argue random stuff with no idea what they're talking about lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? s-l1000

Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? Unknown

Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? Honda-Civic_Type_R_Sedan-2007-1600-23

Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? Honda-Civic_Type_R-2007-1600-56

Honda Civic 10th gen Has Anyone Upgraded Their Rear Seat Fabric Upholstery? honda-civic-type-r-interior-11-e1502704467800

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I have no idea what you are trying to argue here lol? The car should have red rear seats because one special edition type r in canada for one year did?

Or are you arguing materials in which case it's the same stuff since then lol. I give up, enjoy arguing over useless details.
The cloth they use on the rear seat and rear door panels is not the same that they use in the front of the car, what I'm trying to say is it would have been nice if they used alcantara on the rear seat instead of the cloth that they used. I would have kept it black with a red stitch like it is now, just a material change so it was a little nicer and matched the material of the front seat. They have done this in some previous R cars (DC2, FD2). I don't know why you think I don't know what I'm talking about, you posted 5 different rear seats and 3 of them are using the same material as the front seats of the car (a mix of suede/alcantara and mesh fabric).
Sponsored