Has anyone installed lane watch for US-CTR?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Canadian CTRs come with lane watch, and the US market has regular hatchbacks (non-CTR models) equipped with lane watch from the factory, so it seems plausible to me that I should be able to order a replacement mirror and get lane watch installed on my US model CTR.

Here is a link to the replacement mirror on a US hatchback with lane watch: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2019-honda-civic-5dr-sport-honda-sensing-ka-6mt/mirror.html it looks like part reference #28 is the actual camera device and wiring

If lane watch is like it was on my previous 2015 Si, you would also need to replace the turning signal rod on the steering wheel column since that has a button to toggle the camera view on/off on the head unit as well.

Are there any US CTR owners with lane watch installed?
Sponsored

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Would be neat. My thought was grabbing the right mirror assembly from this side of the hemisphere, and left mirror from the asian/australian market. I was told (by someone chiming in this forum) that it might also require software tweaking for the head unit and not a straight up install.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I think there was a thread on this where someone tried it and never shared a completed project which I assume means they gave up.

Unless they use the same wire harness and connectors, this would be a big job. Not to mention figuring out how to activate it in the head unit.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
I don't have much input but this video shows a guy (seems American) accessing the hidden menu on the infotainment and a "lanewatch" button does come up, so it seems like the software is already on the device just not enacted.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag

OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Interesting, he'd have to wire that back around underneath the passenger side footwell I imagine, looks like in the video he had a ways to go.

The other side to this install is the camera toggling button located on the end of the turning signal rod sticking out of the steering wheel column. There must be a wiring lined from the head unit to switch on the turning signal rod is what I'm also thinking. In general, all this makes me think Yikes...I'd really like to have lane watch but looks like a mess to set up indeed. Perhaps I should have bought a CTR from Canada and had it shipped to FL :dunno:

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
It has been questioned a lot in this forum, by me included. We all just learn to live with it since it hasn't been long ago that we were gifted with this kind of necessity. I point my mirrors towards my blind spots now. Takes awhile to get used to, but now it has saved me from neck pains

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I don't have much input but this video shows a guy (seems American) accessing the hidden menu on the infotainment and a "lanewatch" button does come up, so it seems like the software is already on the device just not enacted.

Lol thats my video... yes the lanewatch shows active in the submenus. I have a 2017 US market R. But yes it does show lanewatch is there and Active.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Lol thats my video... yes the lanewatch shows active in the submenus. I have a 2017 US market R. But yes it does show lanewatch is there and Active.
So at most is just doing the assembly and wiring job then, which on itself is a clusterf*ck, pun intended

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Came here to find out how to have the lane watch back and now I leave sad knowing is a clusterfu*k. :dunno:
I miss my hatchback already.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has been questioned a lot in this forum, by me included. We all just learn to live with it since it hasn't been long ago that we were gifted with this kind of necessity. I point my mirrors towards my blind spots now. Takes awhile to get used to, but now it has saved me from neck pains
Almost as if lane watch isn’t a necessity at all haha.

I’m just salty I’ve never had a car with it lol.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Almost as if lane watch isn’t a necessity at all haha.

I’m just salty I’ve never had a car with it lol.
Lane Watch is dope. I had it on my 2015 ex and honestly it took me a while to get used to not having it on the R. But then again you can get wide side mirrors and is almost the same. Kind of. ??‍♂?

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Would be neat. My thought was grabbing the right mirror assembly from this side of the hemisphere, and left mirror from the asian/australian market. I was told (by someone chiming in this forum) that it might also require software tweaking for the head unit and not a straight up install.
Or....just by the Canadian assembly from the same continent with everything? (if you want the hardware)

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag