Has anyone installed a pioneer 4400nex radio?

Lalabangbang

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
If so what’s the good,bad &ulgy? Photos would be a plus! I have a 2017 hatchback sport and I find the radio super borning! My local shop recommended this but it’s sorta pricey but seems to have everything I want and should improve sound quality in the car.
Sponsored

TheMrsBridges

SI Mom... fit all 3!
First Name
Tabitha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DON'T DO IT! And I say that assuming you have the infotainment system my 2018 came with.

Eitherway if you have AC controls in your unit, TPM and Hondalink there is NO full replacement and you will lose a lot of features. I know this because I did it.

Now if you have just a regular head unit then any double din will work as long as it comes with the features you want. I replaced mine with the 8400NEX and it's pretty damn cool but NOT worth what it cost.

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I was recommended it as well for mine and after looking into it and seeing it in a buddies car I didn’t do it. It looks ugly and doesn’t do much more than the stock one does. I would look into doing something different.

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
If I’m not mistaken the sport trim doesn’t come with fancy touchscreen head unit. So replacing it wouldn’t be an issue with ac controls as it’s a separate module itself.

I have a Pioneer MVH 210EX running mono block wired to a 1000w 10”

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I was recommended it as well for mine and after looking into it and seeing it in a buddies car I didn’t do it. It looks ugly and doesn’t do much more than the stock one does. I would look into doing something different.
That's a lie. If he has the non touch radio it does a lot more.

Only do it if you want wireless android auto or wireless carplay. The 2550 NEX is fine and significantly cheaper. To be honest though, there's plenty of radios by other brands that are fine. The 4400/4500 NEX is a flagship unit with bells and whistles common folk won't usually use.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There a ton of info re: the sound quality of the factory DSP-based head unit in the electronics section if you have a few hours to read it all. The general summary is, as mentioned above, yes... sound quality will improve. But if your car has the infotainment system with all the AC controls, TPMS calibration, and other menu-based preferences integrated into it; you may lose access to those features.

I remember spec-ing all this out and was amazed that, on sites like Amazon and Crutchfield, there were no compatible replacement units listed.

There is a Chinese made replacement that, supposedly, will work. But the reviews are about 50/50.

I ended up buying a 2018 LX specifically to avoid Sensing and to have the older system.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

mks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
Country flag
If so what’s the good,bad &ulgy? Photos would be a plus! I have a 2017 hatchback sport and I find the radio super borning! My local shop recommended this but it’s sorta pricey but seems to have everything I want and should improve sound quality in the car.

Depends on what you want, if you are going to replace all oem speakers then it will make a difference. The item below will be more then sufficient for most people. It removes the factory calibration, and calibrate its own, just make sure to get it installed from someone who knows what they are doing. I’ve always had pioneer head units in the past, but unfortunately couldn’t install in my tlx, so I had this with the more advanced tuning and aftermarket amps ect.

http://www.jlaudio.ca/fix-86-car-audio-processors-system-tuning-98103
Sponsored