Has anyone found out top speed in their Si?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
A Type R has only 8% more torque and 11% greater power to weight ratio than a stock Si with nothing but a $500 Ktuner and a basemap. The Si enjoys this level of performance while also having heated seats, a sunroof, is 10-15 grand cheaper, and is 228 pounds lighter than the CTR. Even when tuned the Si still gets over 40mpg(CTR gets 22-28).

In terms of raw track performance at the expense of everything else the CTR is great. But in a competition where performance, comfort, and practicality are all taken into consideration it's simply no contest which car is the better buy.

My $0.02.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
YOU TRY TO CONFUSE WITH FACTS
CTR ANYWAYS BEST. YOU CAN NO DISPUTE.
Sponsored

Reactions: Car

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder what's going to happen first... trying to convince a CTR owner the Si is a better bang-for-the buck car (which is largely opinion based)... or him getting arrested or killed by driving 2x+ the speed limit (hey... it may never happen).

Either one might take a while. While we wait...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-forum-rules-and-user-agreement.3538/

Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums (including street racing).

Some of the posts are a bit...

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone found out top speed in their Si? giphy (11)

I'm a '82 baby. Not sure if that makes me a POS millennial or a POS gen X'er. I do try and not greatly exceed the speed limit, however. I have a wife and kids who depend on me for our livelihood... and I have no great desire to disappoint them. Responsibility makes one get boring.

At least the video posted earlier might actually stand up to the 'done in Mexico' scrutiny. :thumbsup:

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder what's going to happen first... trying to convince a CTR owner the Si is a better bang-for-the buck car (which is largely opinion based)... or him getting arrested or killed by driving 2x+ the speed limit (hey... it may never happen).

Either one might take a while. While we wait...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-forum-rules-and-user-agreement.3538/

Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums (including street racing).

Some of the posts are a bit...

giphy (11).gif

I'm a '82 baby. Not sure if that makes me a POS millennial or a POS gen X'er. I do try and not greatly exceed the speed limit, however. I have a wife and kids who depend on me for our livelihood... and I have no great desire to disappoint them. Responsibility makes one get boring.

At least the video posted earlier might actually stand up to the 'done in Mexico' scrutiny. :thumbsup:
Iā€™m an ā€˜80 baby and wholeheartedly agree. No idea what generation I am other than ā€œdonā€™t get yourself into stupid debt, especially over a carā€ and ā€œat the end of the day the only thing that matters is your familyā€. If modding my car falls in between there nicely, so be it. Otherwise, driving 100+ mph consistently on the street is just stupid. They being said, the Si gets to 100 very easily and comfortably. Despite what the CTR owners think, an Si with $10k in mods to equal the price of a stock CTR would embarrass the CTR any day of the week. Case in point, look at PRLā€™s Si pushing 400whp with about $8k in mods (including labor if you donā€™t do it yourself).

All you have to do is the math to see which model is the clear winner as far as bang for the buck.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
A Type R has only 8% more torque and 11% greater power to weight ratio than a stock Si with nothing but a $500 Ktuner and a basemap. The Si enjoys this level of performance while also having heated seats, a sunroof, is 10-15 grand cheaper, and is 228 pounds lighter than the CTR. Even when tuned the Si still gets over 40mpg(CTR gets 22-28).

In terms of raw track performance at the expense of everything else the CTR is great. But in a competition where performance, comfort, and practicality are all taken into consideration it's simply no contest which car is the better buy.

My $0.02.
It's funny how you're trying to compare a type R versus an SI when the type R has a completely different engine completely different suspension you are ignorant buddy

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What the hell has this thread turned into :confused1:

Also I'll repeat.. 155mph, 6th gear off the rev limiter. Downpipe, and ktuner only.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
What the hell has this thread turned into :confused1:

Also I'll repeat.. 155mph, 6th gear off the rev limiter. Downpipe, and ktuner only.
It was fine until the troll showed up. Thanks for getting us back on track. I am guilty of feeding the troll in a post on the other page.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.