Has anyone found out top speed in their Si?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kerrmoney

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
Exactly! Who buys an Si to Grandma drive them? I love the guys who talk about "spirited" driving, but wanna act like their WOT is somehow less harmful then mine.
Sponsored

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've had mine in the upper 90's, it's amazing how fast and seemingly effortlessly the car gets there. Seems stable and I wasn't nervous at all (acceleration is exhilarating but high speeds scare me). The GF has topped 100 a time or two with me in the passenger seat. Again, amazed at how the car just seemed to handle it without even breathing hard.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Haven’t taken mine out on the highway. But on the side roads I’ve gotten it up to maybe 80mph. Amazing car, accelerates quickly and has such a solid feel.

Deleted member

Crazy driveline stress doing high speed in overdriven gears......

Would everyone kindly do us a favor and share your VIN's so that future buyers can avoid buying the stressed vehicles? :)

kidding..... sort of
If you go full throttle in 1st to redline, shift to 2nd go to redline, shift to 3rd go to redline, shift to 4th go to redline, shift to 5th go to redline, shift to 6th go to redline- that is perfectly fine and is not hard on the drivetrain.

You're making the engine work but it wouldn't be doing anything it wasn't designed for. The engine and drivetrain would last near as makes no difference as long as they normally would. Doing a clutch dump launch or flooring it from cruising speed in 5th without downshifting is far harder on the transmission than the aforementioned.

Going 50mph in 5th or 6th and randomly deciding to just floor it would be very stressful on the drivetrain. This is not to be confused with going full throttle in 5th or 6th at the proper rpm which again is fine, there is nothing magical about gear 5 or 6 that makes them different from 1-4, they are just taller gears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
If you go full throttle in 1st to redline, shift to 2nd go to redline, shift to 3rd go to redline, shift to 4th go to redline, shift to 5th go to redline, shift to 6th go to redline- that is perfectly fine and is not hard on the drivetrain.

You're making the engine work but it wouldn't be doing anything it wasn't designed for. The engine and drivetrain would last near as makes no difference as long as they normally would. Doing a clutch dump launch or flooring it from cruising speed in 5th without downshifting is far harder on the transmission than the aforementioned.

Going 50mph in 5th or 6th and randomly deciding to just floor it would be very stressful on the drivetrain. This is not to be confused with going full throttle in 5th or 6th at the proper rpm which again is fine, there is nothing magical about gear 5 or 6 that makes them different from 1-4, they are just taller gears.
This idiot floored it while in 4th or 5th at a low speed while drifting through a fresh green light. I was new to manuals when I picked up my 2018 Si, so that was a big learning lesson for me. The clutch was slipping like crazy :doh: Thankfully I’m a hell of a lot better manual driver now, and even taught my friend what rev matching was when downshifting. He’s never heard of it, and he’s “known how” to drive manuals for 20 years!

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It would seem i have trouble staying under 115mph in my stock type r since it feels like i am going 55mph. Plus i seem to get there in a few seconds in 4th

a new wrx blew by me at 110mph , i was going 65mph. When he got ahead of me he slows down and I really didnt do anything for 2 min until i punched it and blew by him at 135mph right when i switched to 5th, probably took me 8 sec from 65mph to 135mph . I think the new WRX was like f that.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It would seem i have trouble staying under 115mph in my stock type r since it feels like i am going 55mph. Plus i seem to get there in a few seconds in 4th

a new wrx blew by me at 110mph , i was going 65mph. When he got ahead of me he slows down and I really didnt do anything for 2 min until i punched it and blew by him at 135mph right when i switched to 5th, probably took me 8 sec from 65mph to 135mph . I think the new WRX was like f that.
Wow on the street? You should have your license pulled. Reckless. I would guess you are a child under 25. Have hopes you will wise up before you kill someone.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag

What will 5th do? Is it around 150mph? I honestly can't remember.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Wow on the street? You should have your license pulled. Reckless. I would guess you are a child under 25. Have hopes you will wise up before you kill someone.
catch me if you can i am the ginger bread man
actually i am no child and probably more man than you will ever be in your life

Last edited:

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
What will 5th do? Is it around 150mph? I honestly can't remember.
yeah easy 147mph and gets there quick, where most vehicles i would think would choke at 120-130mph, i will happily wave bye to Ataricade in his SI
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.