Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It may be that the Restrictions apply when the Handbrake is release.
A handbrake switch send a indication to the HU to go into SAFE Mode, when the brake is off.
ie you can only do certain things when the car is stopped, and brake is on.

This is how the Android Aftermarkets unit work.

A simple change of a single wire, going to the Head Unit, can make it "Think" that the brake is on all the time, and thus enable those restricted items.
Bro what? I didn't ask any questions. I know how to use my car. This thread was over a year and half old before Thursday.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Bro what? I didn't ask any questions. I know how to use my car. This thread was over a year and half old before Thursday.
I am so pleased to hear that you know how to USE your car.

This is a forum to share information, it's not all for you !!! (Bro)

My mistake was re-posting your stupid Graphic -- but that is easily corrected :rofl:

Last edited:

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
What on earth are you people all on about.

You can easily make a call or get navigation while driving just by using Android Auto...
I have iPhone and even on Bluetooth I can pull Siri on the car and use it to make calls, messages, etc.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am so pleased to hear that you know how to USE your car.

This is a forum to share information, it's not all for you !!! (Bro)

My mistake was re-posting your stupid Graphic -- but that is easily corrected :rofl:
Weird flex, but ok.

boldts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Hello and thankyou for the add. I read every page of this post and am totally confused. There are 1 thru 9 steps and then there are 10 to whatever steps. The 10 thru seems to be pretty technical with major things you don't want to do. I'm wondering do I need the 1 thru 9 or do I just start at 10?

My goal 1st is to turn off the dds so a passenger with me can add a phone or watch youtube, music, videos, etc. When I'm alone in the car, I'm not messing around with the radio screen anyways. I can change channels and do all I need thru my steering wheel control.

I don't want to mess up my radio either. A trip to the dealer looking stupid because I messed up is not in my option list. Can someone put all this info into a step by step procedure with-out me having to look all through the pages to figure it out?

Also, I know nothing about the gen of my car. All I know is it's a 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T. (Is this a hatchback as mentioned in the pages of this thread?) Thank-you from a new Civic owner who totally LOVES his car and driving it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option My2017HondaEX-T