Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I found way to turn restricted operation mode off.
First I have 2016 civic ex North America.
hold power + bright and home to get diagnosis menu then choose diagnose bottom button and hold menu again till you will see another menu and choose vehicle model and then vehicle mode and you will see three mode I believe the one in the middle is our current the top one has the restricted mode the last one has fewer option. If you choose the first one it will asking you to reboot and then it need to lock the GPS make sure your car in free area then in the diagnosis menu that we got it in the first time you will function option and the. Other in the other u will find restricted operation on and u can change it to off...
Sorry for my English

20170119_230649.jpg

20170119_223721.jpg
Can anyone confirm this works? So middle one right
Sponsored

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
OK...how?[/QUOT

I think I found something interesting on my Honda Civic 2016 NA....
I entered my hidden menu by holding (bright, power and menu) then if you click on special function and then other you will see Pandora, HD radio and smart phone information and XM radio only.

Now get back the hidden menu and keep pressing menu button, you will get another menu . In that menu press on vehicle mode then u will ser on the bottom detial , user ... Etc last one is change mode ..... After pressing on it I found these code start with tbaa .. I believe they ends with ka, KC and Kx .... If u choose x will ask reboot and AHA will disappeared from home screen mine was ka I believe but KC will show you on the special function / other new item called restrictions operation and you can turn it off that will let you do a lot of things while driving but no browsing ... Also Pandora need enabled too when choosing KC

PS When restarting the radio asking for GPS signal make sure you are in clear area to get good signal

Attach
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option 20170119_230649

AegeanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring Aegean Blue Metalic
So what features work while in motion after this? Does it stay through turning the car off and on again?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Seems like you could create a script/app that does this instead of manually doing the steps each time. It is Android afterall.

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Once you shut the car off, it restores the factory settings. You will need to go through the steps again each time you start the car.
not true it will be the same setting

you will get anything was disabled before except the android APPs will still not work in motion. like browser, Gallery Calculator, Google search and Options.

Setting, phone dial numbers and couple features will no grayed out when you enable this option

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
What on earth are you people all on about.

You can easily make a call or get navigation while driving just by using Android Auto...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
(EDITED)

It may be that the Restrictions apply when the Handbrake is release.
A handbrake switch send a indication to the HU to go into SAFE Mode, when the brake is off.
ie you can only do certain things when the car is stopped, and brake is on.

This is how the Android Aftermarkets unit work.

A simple change of a single wire, going to the Head Unit, can make it "Think" that the brake is on all the time, and thus enable those restricted items.
Sponsored

Last edited: