Has anyone else have a problem with one of the rear defroster lines?

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So a few months back I noticed that one of the defroster lines was not working. The car is always kept in the garage so I have never had a really use the rear defrosters often. After bringing it to Honda today, they told me I broke it by wiping it with a rag. 3 things:

1. I have yet to clean the rear window from the inside.
2. I would NEVER use a rag to clean a window.
3. The car doesn't even have tint yet.

So my question is: Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what happened? I remember seeing awhile back someone post about this and Honda fixed it without a problem. I've had to create a case file with Honda USA and this is becoming increasingly difficult.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone else have a problem with one of the rear defroster lines? 20180501_172142
Sponsored

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I haven’t noticed any issues with the rear window defrost on my ‘18 Civic Hatchback. I previously owned a ‘16 Civic Sedan that repeatedly developed a foggy buildup in the rear window just above the brake light. It was an annoyance that I never figured out. Best regards in resolving your issue.

senorg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2005 BMW 330cic
Vehicle Showcase
I call BS on that one. It sounds like it was a defect from the beginning. The defroster elements in every car I have had have been pretty sturdy. Unless you were using a "rag" made of steel wool or razor blades, I don't see that really happening. I would push the dealership on this one.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wife and I never had problem with rear defroster on our 2 cars

OP
OP

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So after getting into an argument over my competency as a car owner, I had to open a case with Honda USA. Took the car to another dealer (not very close by), and within 15 minutes agreed to replace it. They have even offered to file a complaint against the first dealer because of the clear disregard they had for this. The second dealer said they looked at it VERY closely with a magnifying glass on both the inside and out looking for a break in the line. They couldn't find one, and agreed to replace it all under warranty.

Needless to say, I'll be driving the hour-ish from now on to get anything from a Honda dealer now.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So after getting into an argument over my competency as a car owner, I had to open a case with Honda USA. Took the car to another dealer (not very close by), and within 15 minutes agreed to replace it. They have even offered to file a complaint against the first dealer because of the clear disregard they had for this. The second dealer said they looked at it VERY closely with a magnifying glass on both the inside and out looking for a break in the line. They couldn't find one, and agreed to replace it all under warranty.

Needless to say, I'll be driving the hour-ish from now on to get anything from a Honda dealer now.

Good news .

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

I’m glad you acheived a resolution! Hats off to the second dealer!
Sponsored