johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring - Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Now that the weather has gotten cold I notice a very loud vibration at low RPM's, like from a stop light, when the car is still pretty cold. Once it warms up, and leaving work when it's warmer out, I don't notice it.

It's loud enough to make me think it's the CVT or something with the drive train. I can imagine the pain of trying to get the dealer to replicate it...
Sponsored

OP
OP

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bump...

It seems to be coming from the passenger side of the car, and occurs around 1700 - 1900 RPM. Is it exhaust rattle? I'll update this thread if I figure it out. I think I'll have my wife sit in the car in Neutral and rev it when it's cold while I search for the source. It's annoying and may be getting worse. It does stop once the car has been driven a while and warmed up.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
The car sucks in cold weather, that is why the issue goes away in warm atmosphere. I would say make some popcorn and enjoy the show until May 2018 when it warms up. Make enough for two since your wife is in on the act.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
The car sucks in cold weather, that is why the issue goes away in warm atmosphere. I would say make some popcorn and enjoy the show until May 2018 when it warms up. Make enough for two since your wife is in on the act.
Not sure why the car sucks in cold weather?
Just how cold does it get in Texas.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
check your glove box. I had something rattle in there and it took me a few days to figure it out

OP
OP

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was extra cold in Atlanta this morning (14F) and the rattle was even more pronounced. It sounds like it's coming from inside the passenger B pillar, but that's probably just my perception. Still haven't tried the wife test where she revs the car while I search for the source. That needs to get done...

axif86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX w/HS
Country flag
Did you figure this out? I have something similar but it sounds like my a piece of plastic contracting. It goes away once the car warms up a bit. Annoys me though when I hear it. Just can’t seem to narrow it down. Seems to be from the front passenger door trim or the glove box

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
This happens when parked on an incline with car parked without parking brake engaged. The result is the car vibrates "harshly". Give it a try on your driveway or on a hill.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Car sucks in cold weather?

My 1.5L touring with 0W20 in the case went through two Western Canadian prairie winters with temperatures that went down to -47 Fahrenheit (that's Minus Forty Seven) and started like a champ every time. Here in Saskatchewan, Canada, it gets about as cold as it gets in the populated parts of North America. CivicX didn't complain once during the long winter seasons.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No roughness or anything unusual here when it's cold...we get into the -40's here too. It just takes a bit longer to warm up compared to previous vehicles.
Sponsored