Hardwired Garage Door Remote

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Found it! Garage door switch. Pick it up on eBay, wired it to my opener, popped the panel off, pulled blank and installed new switch. Works great!
Honda Garage Door Opener or Accessory Switch

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Sorry to bump an old thread. Would you mind posting links to all the parts you used for this? My 2017 Sport Touring hatchback has the blank plates as well to the left of the steering wheel. Thanks.
Sponsored

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I did the same thing, except I wired the momentary switch to my current garage door remote. Does the job, and also used 16mm switch from aliexpress.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the same thing, except I wired the momentary switch to my current garage door remote. Does the job, and also used 16mm switch from aliexpress.
Nice...same concept. Just easier for this like me that are not electrcallel inclined...:)

Literally plug and play....

Also, the offer a range extender you connect to your garage motor that is supposed to drastically increase the range of any remote you use for your garage.

http://www.mo-door.com/Mo-Door-Antenna.html

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice...same concept. Just easier for this like me that are not electrcallel inclined...:)

Also, the offer a range extender you connect to your garage motor that is supposed to drastically increase the range of any remote you use for your garage.

Do you know if we can use the momentary switch with LED? Just want it to light up when pressed. Thanks.

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag

It's actually really easy (and if you have a spare remote, so you aren't completely screwed if you messed up). You just have to wire to the 2 connectors that open/close the garage door to the switch. All the buttons do is short those 2 connections. I just have my garage door remote velcro'ed to the firewall in the footwell now. Out of sight too. Can technically hardwire for 12V from the car too then no need to change batteries but these things only need changing once every few years so I didn't bother.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's actually really easy (and if you have a spare remote, so you aren't completely screwed if you messed up). You just have to wire to the 2 connectors that open/close the garage door to the switch. All the buttons do is short those 2 connections. I just have my garage door remote velcro'ed to the firewall in the footwell now. Out of sight too. Can technically hardwire for 12V from the car too then no need to change batteries but these things only need changing once every few years so I didn't bother.
Thanks. So basically connect the LED 2 connections needed to each other then to the negative on the switch. The light should turn on each time I press correct?

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Thanks. So basically connect the LED 2 connections needed to each other then to the negative on the switch. The light should turn on each time I press correct?
Oh I was referring to the remote control not the LED lol. I have no idea how to do that. Possibly, if your remote control has a LED just wire it the same way, in parallel, it'll probably light up. I'm not expert on electricals unfortunately....

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh I was referring to the remote control not the LED lol. I have no idea how to do that. Possibly, if your remote control has a LED just wire it the same way, in parallel, it'll probably light up. I'm not expert on electricals unfortunately....
Got it... thanks...my remote works fine with that he module from Mo-Door. I prefer to have LED button that will light up when pressed. Just nice to have a visual reference. Even better if the LED is hard wired so always on when car is running.
Sponsored