Happy Stick Shift Day to all the MT CivicX owners

1. Zeffy94

Zeffy94 Senior Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R
    Today is National Stick Shift Day, so to all my fellow manual CivicX owners, here’s to you! :nixon:

518BD644-3D4F-47EC-9995-B3A5156DF392.jpeg

Thankfully Honda is one of the few automakers who gives us the option of a manual in their passenger cars. That could change in the near future, but for now, we can all appreciate them!

If you are on the fence about buying a stick shift car, just do it. I bought my Type R without knowing how to drive a stick, and through hard work and perseverance I am more than confident in my stick shift skills. The best way to learn is to experience.

Torino_85, Deezy, Browncoat3000 and 7 others thanked this.
  2. MutatedMango

MutatedMango Senior Member

Car(s):
    '19 Civic Si FC3
    Same here man. Didn't know how to drive stick and taught myself in about a month after getting this car lol.

Torino_85 thanked this.
  3. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    Stick Shift Day is the 1st day you do a Transmission oil change and start using AMSOIL transmission fluid !!

Torino_85 and herox thanked this.
  4. grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6 Senior Member

IT
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
    Been driving stick now for...dear god...20 years....WTAF, when did I get so old?!
    My dad is who taught me a love of all things automotive and he drove stick well into his 60's. Then around 2015 or so, my mom must have hit him with upside the head with a frying pan or something, because he went from a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (that he'd bought new) to a RAV-EFFING-4. The man that inspired me to be an automotive enthusiast, who would take me to Watkins Glen every year for the SVRA event in the fall, who bought a 1968 Jaguar XKE 2+2 for his "mid-life crisis".....now dailys a RAV4. o_O

Torino_85 thanked this.
  5. mvela

mvela Senior Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
    I remember my first stick shift I bought at 18 years old. My dad said I was gonna regret it, that I need to get an automatic. Here it is 20 years later and I still love manual transmissions lol. I love my manual civic. I hope Honda never stops making manuals. I would be highly upset if they did

geeeek thanked this.
  6. Acura_CSX_4eva

Car(s):
    2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
    Oh man I've been hearing reports that the upcoming civic hatchback and the Honda HRV will both receive manual transmissions on the highest trim levels! If this happens to turn out to be true... it's going to be one glorious stick shift day indeed!!