Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
[QUOTE = "gtman, post: 685954, membro: 790"] Per quanto questa melodia sia più raffinata della mia aggressiva configurazione di Ktuner, mi manca ancora la risposta dell'acceleratore più veloce che il KTuner 21 ha avuto in città. Con la melodia TSP, mi trovo ancora a dargli piccoli input per l'acceleratore e mi aspetto che succeda di più. Il potere è lì, basta un colpo più profondo dell'acceleratore per arrivarci.

Oggi su una strada di accesso che conduce a un raccordo autostradale ho dato al pedale un colpo medio e mi aspettavo più pep. Un rapido sguardo al tachimetro e mi sono reso conto che ero solo a 3000 rpm. Un'altra pressa più profonda e a 3500 giri / min l'auto si svegliò e iniziò a ringhiare e le gomme cinguettarono cinguettando.

Nel complesso è un'ottima melodia. Se l'acceleratore fosse un po 'più reattivo, sarebbe la melodia perfetta, credo. [/ QUOTE]
Ho la sensazione opposta, è molto più reattivo, forse è perché hai la cvt.
[QUOTE = "gtman, post: 685954, membro: 790"] Per quanto questa melodia sia più raffinata della mia aggressiva configurazione di Ktuner, mi manca ancora la risposta dell'acceleratore più veloce che il KTuner 21 ha avuto in città. Con la melodia TSP, mi trovo ancora a dargli piccoli input per l'acceleratore e mi aspetto che succeda di più. Il potere è lì, basta un colpo più profondo dell'acceleratore per arrivarci.

Oggi su una strada di accesso che conduce a un raccordo autostradale ho dato al pedale un colpo medio e mi aspettavo più pep. Un rapido sguardo al tachimetro e mi sono reso conto che ero solo a 3000 rpm. Un'altra pressa più profonda e a 3500 giri / min l'auto si svegliò e iniziò a ringhiare e le gomme cinguettarono cinguettando.

Nel complesso è un'ottima melodia. Se l'acceleratore fosse un po 'più reattivo, sarebbe la melodia perfetta, credo. [/ QUOTE]
Ho la sensazione opposta, è molto più reattivo, forse è perché hai la cvt.
Hi andre80, i think know you...;)
Sponsored

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
You are 100% correct, kytos. Your right foot definitely can control the action. I love this tune. It's just that I drove with the aggressive part throttle and early spool settings of the KTuner 21 tune for so long, I sometimes forget this tune is set up a bit differently. Muscle memory, I guess.:cool:

D-Rob has created what I like to call a "semi-custom" tune and for it to only cost $80 is incredible.
Why don’t you try myx 2-step, it helps bring the rpm up a lot quicker

Reactions: Myx

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
If you are just cruising around town and no taking it to the track, your stock will do ok. It gets heatsoaked when sitting still easily. An aftermarket one really helps for racing and recovery from heat. I have the TSP 1 for CVT and its fine. If my temps get way up in the 120-130s I just take it easy, no Wide open throttle stuff till it comes down.
How often do you feel that heat soak , ive experienced it for the 1st time and would try to give it gas and felt like it was stock so I knew to just take it easy on the drive back home

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So you need a ktuner or flash pro to begin with to get a tsp tune?
Guess I’m confused why
Looks like you have a lot of reading to do.:cool:

The TSP tune comes in the form of a tune file. By itself, it's unusable. You need a tuning device (Flashpro or KTuner) to upload the file and flash the information to the ECU.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like you have a lot of reading to do.:cool:

The TSP tune comes in the form of a tune file. By itself, it's unusable. You need a tuning device (Flashpro or KTuner) to upload the file and flash the information to the ECU.
Thanks for replying. I literally typed out a whole lot of explaining 3x, then just decided not to say anything and coward to the 'Looks like you have a lot of reading to do' part. :rofl: We've all been there before. I actually always have a lot of reading to do so.......

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's talk about the TSP tune in a dangerous real world driving situation. Because it honestly saved my ass yesterday. I was driving home and was stopped, trying to make a left turn onto a highway entrance ramp. Traffic was congested in the opposite direction and I was patiently waiting for an opening to make my move.

The approaching traffic is two lanes of cars that merge into one where the right lane becomes the turnoff to the highway ramp. Hope that makes sense...

So, here's what happened. I see an opportunity to finally make my move. It will be tight but I know I can make it. I see two cars approaching, with a VW Golf in the right lane, meaning that he's veering off to go on the highway ramp. So I concentrate on the other vehicle going straight. I start to begin my turn and things went crazy...

Just as I made my move, apparently the Golf driver realizes he's in the wrong lane. I hear it but didn't see it til the last second. He was gunning his car to cut in front of the car going straight. As I'm less than halfway into my turn, in the middle of the street, out of the corner of my eye, I see the VW, barrelling towards me. Maybe at 70 mph. I'm doing about 15 mpg.

I only had one move to make. Floor it and pray my TSP Stage 1 could power me through. I could literally see the road ragey, maniacal look on the Golf driver's face. He was right there ready to t-bone me.

I gunned it, and my car flew. He missed hitting the rear of my car by a foot or two. He never slowed down.

Shaken, all I could do was be grateful I was TSP tuned.

Reactions: Myx

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
Let's talk about the TSP tune in a dangerous real world driving situation. Because it honestly saved my ass yesterday. I was driving home and was stopped, trying to make a left turn onto a highway entrance ramp. Traffic was congested in the opposite direction and I was patiently waiting for an opening to make my move.

The approaching traffic is two lanes of cars that merge into one where the right lane becomes the turnoff to the highway ramp. Hope that makes sense...

So, here's what happened. I see an opportunity to finally make my move. It will be tight but I know I can make it. I see two cars approaching, with a VW Golf in the right lane, meaning that he's veering off to go on the highway ramp. So I concentrate on the other vehicle going straight. I start to begin my turn and things went crazy...

Just as I made my move, apparently the Golf driver realizes he's in the wrong lane. I hear it but didn't see it til the last second. He was gunning his car to cut in front of the car going straight. As I'm less than halfway into my turn, in the middle of the street, out of the corner of my eye, I see the VW, barrelling towards me. Maybe at 70 mph. I'm doing about 15 mpg.

I only had one move to make. Floor it and pray my TSP Stage 1 could power me through. I could literally see the road ragey, maniacal look on the Golf driver's face. He was right there ready to t-bone me.

I gunned it, and my car flew. He missed hitting the rear of my car by a foot or two. He never slowed down.

Shaken, all I could do was be grateful I was TSP tuned.
Mo power baby

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
the tsp starts like a rocket up to the limiter
Mo power baby
Moah powah babeh. Gotta love Donut media videos hahaha

Wow, talk about a life saving review of the TSP tune. I don't like to put myself in those close call situations but the swift response of this tune and the power up in the top rpm range sure gives the starter 21 and stage 2 from ktuner a run for their money. I mean, unless you go full nuts project with turbo bolt-on and everything, it's the tune to get.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree for the most part David. But this tune isn't for everyone. Some people who mostly drive in city traffic prefer the snappier throttle and faster spool of an aggressively set up KTuner 21.

The TSP tune does feel slightly more sluggish on the low end but shines in the mid and goes ballistic on the top end. It's mostly a question of the TSP having a softer, more linear throttle feel. Overall though, it's close to a near perfect tune.

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
I agree for the most part David. But this tune isn't for everyone. Some people who mostly drive in city traffic prefer the snappier throttle and faster spool of an aggressively set up KTuner 21.

The TSP tune does feel slightly more sluggish on the low end but shines in the mid and goes ballistic on the top end. It's mostly a question of the TSP having a softer, more linear throttle feel. Overall though, it's close to a near perfect tune.

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
I feel like this tune is a vtec version lol low end slow mid to high WOAH

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Just flashed my TSP tune and went for a spin. Wow, so much smoother than the Starter 21, but fell flat when I floored it. Came back inside did some reading and realized that the first map is really soft and I need to switch to map 3 to see what it can really do. Can't wait to try it on the way home, but I have one question. If I switch to map three will it remember that map everytime or do I have to manually switch every time I start the car?

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just flashed my TSP tune and went for a spin. Wow, so much smoother than the Starter 21, but fell flat when I floored it. Came back inside did some reading and realized that the first map is really soft and I need to switch to map 3 to see what it can really do. Can't wait to try it on the way home, but I have one question. If I switch to map three will it remember that map everytime or do I have to manually switch every time I start the car?

If you leave the device plugged in it will remain on that map until you change it. If you remove the device it will start on map 1 every time.
Sponsored