Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

nyamwaikinn

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport(Sonic Gray)
Country flag
Honestly, I drive in D most of the time. I do use S from time to time but it kills mpg's a bit. Is S faster? Well, it does keep the revs higher so it does tend to feel a bit quicker.

As far as getting a KTuner, that's a no-brainer.
“S” drive accelerates a little faster and has a little more throttle response, as well as keeping the RPMs higher and imaginary gear ratios tighter. Also enables the use of the paddle shifters if you have them. With the higher RPM you'll engage boost a little quicker and it'll feel more aggressive since you're starting out closer to the power band.

And yeah, as far as KTuner and TSP Stage 1, 1000% yes.

Ahh I see! Thank you gtman and r.camlin. I have been following your posts lately and I will properly get myself a ktuner from tsp but right after I perform my cvt fluid change( already bought the fluid) Curious as to what are your intervals of how often you guys change your cvt fluids? And What engine oil if that matters? ( I'm using Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20)

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ahh I see! Thank you gtman and r.camlin. I have been following your posts lately and I will properly get myself a ktuner from tsp but right after I perform my cvt fluid change( already bought the fluid) Curious as to what are your intervals of how often you guys change your cvt fluids? And What engine oil if that matters? ( I'm using Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20)
Haven't changed my trans fluid yet, but I did my first oil change at around 3500 and am probably gonna keep that schedule, or no more than 5k per change. I use Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20. Pennzoil is good oil though. So long as it's full synthetic you're good (and as far as I know, all 0W-20 is).

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive switched to 5w-30 penz ultra plat. The 0-20 just comes out like water and is purely for EPA MPG purposes. We've found in the other models around the world that in the owners manual it even says so

Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) upload_2019-8-1_8-26-16

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone want to start slamming about regular vs 91 octane in a stock Civic? Maybe just continue the flush into oil-thread sepsis?
:topic:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone want to start slamming about regular vs 91 octane in a stock Civic? Maybe just continue the flush into oil-thread sepsis?
:topic:
Um this is on topic and had to do with what oil people are running while on this tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Fun little moment today. Was chilling and doing 65 in a 60 when a Kia Sportage 2.0 turbo and a Maxima passed me going 80-ish. I decided to do my thing. I don't race on the street or condone it. I just make a fun, strategic move from time to time. :)

I gave it a little gas and caught up to them keeping pace a little behind. When the time was right I gave it a bit more gas and was side by side with them. Then I put the hammer down and passed them like they were standing still. Hit 105 in a flash. Then I quickly slowed back to chill mode at 65 and enjoyed my ride home and smiled when a minute later the two cars passed me.

Tuned Civics rock.

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Fun little moment today. Was chilling and doing 65 in a 60 when a Kia Sportage 2.0 turbo and a Maxima passed me going 80-ish. I decided to do my thing. I don't race on the street or condone it. I just make a fun, strategic move from time to time. :)

I gave it a little gas and caught up to them keeping pace a little behind. When the time was right I gave it a bit more gas and was side by side with them. Then I put the hammer down and passed them like they were standing still. Hit 105 in a flash. Then I quickly slowed back to chill mode at 65 and enjoyed my ride home and smiled when a minute later the two cars passed me.

Tuned Civics rock.
Hahaha,that must feel good gtman

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha,that must feel good gtman
No doubt. Much better than un-tuned.

I can almost guarantee all those people who say we shouldn't tune would change their tune if they drove a tuned car for a day.:cool:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
90% of those who dispute a tune are because they would like but are afraid

I have chosen a ktuner and not an Italian tuner and it is because here nobody has the same knowledge and experience on these ecus as ktuner or hondata, surely they have the right contacts to know so well the parameters of these ecus

and the tunes tested them on your car

I have a lot of confidence in them

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I have chosen a ktuner and not an Italian tuner and it is because here nobody has the same knowledge and experience on these ecus as ktuner or hondata, surely they have the right contacts to know so well the parameters of these ecus

I'm with you Andre!

I'm a fairly conservative guy. I don't jump into decisions. For me to choose a tune, I had to feel confident in their safety and I do.

All those people afraid to tune are missing out on so much enjoyment. It takes this car from very good to amazing.

Stenguyen1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Are you able to perform the on the go switching of tunes (holding the cancel button) if you have the 1.2 version k tuner?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you able to perform the on the go switching of tunes (holding the cancel button) if you have the 1.2 version k tuner?
As long as your ECU supports that feature, yes, definitely.

Miggytronz

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag

That’s exactly why I haven’t. I’m afraid. Mostly of my dealership if I did need servicing of something and then voiding my warranty.
Sponsored