Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like a lot of non-USA ECUs don't have the on the fly map switching support yet.
Sorry to hear that. It's an awesome feature. Has KTuner been able to give you a time frame on getting the otf map switching?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I've done my testing with the 16.5 tune.

Before I uploaded the TSP tune, I was running a 17/19.5/21.5 psi on the fly setup. Clearly the full TSP tune on Map 3 blows the KTuner Starter 21 out of the water. Not that the KTuner tune isn't good. It is. The TSP tune is just at a different level of greatness.

So how is that 16.5 Map on the TSP? Well, I'm happy to report, better than expected. I mean the factory tune on the base turbos supposedly peaks at 16.3 so how much better is 16.5 right? Night and day obviously. It just feels like a somewhat detuned version of the full TSP tune.

Honestly, it feels more potent than the 17 psi KTuner tune I was running and not too far behind the 19.5 one I used. Buttery smooth on the low end with plenty of midrange "pop". I'm not sure exactly what tuning magic DRob does, but the man is a master.

Not to sound like a broken record but gather up your pennies and quarters and get the TSP Stage 1. You won't regret it one bit.
If you ever datalog stock, you wont get close to 16.5 more like 13.5-14 at best :)

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. It's an awesome feature. Has KTuner been able to give you a time frame on getting the otf map switching?
No estimated time frame, but they are working on it. I was super excited to hear about this Stage 1 tune back when it was in development, so was disappointed when I went to buy it and found that my ECU wasn't on the list. Looking forward to when my ECU gets support and am hoping it happens before winter.

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Cant wait to buy this soon thanks GT , been rocking with the 21 dual starter kit and this tune sounds like what i want.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 21 Starter tune is really good. I mean it's a huge improvement over stock. The TSP takes it another step further. You'll love it.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, another observation about the tune and hopefully Derek or someone from Two Step sees this and can comment.

I haven't had the oil dilution "fix" yet but I know the basics. And that the Honda software update part of it speeds up engine warming by increasing cold idle speed.

My observation? There is absolutely no question my car idles noticeably higher when cold since the TSP tune upload. It also seems to idle a tad higher when warm. So it got me to thinking, has Derek and TSP somehow incorporated the Honda oil dilution software updates into the TSP tune?

If so, that would be incredible because I would think you could then re-upload the TSP tune after the oil dilution update and it wouldn't overwrite any Honda software changes. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Anyone else notice the increased idle speed?

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
OK, another observation about the tune and hopefully Derek or someone from Two Step sees this and can comment.

I haven't had the oil dilution "fix" yet but I know the basics. And that the Honda software update part of it speeds up engine warming by increasing cold idle speed.

My observation? There is absolutely no question my car idles noticeably higher when cold since the TSP tune upload. It also seems to idle a tad higher when warm. So it go me to thinking, has Derek and TSP somehow incorporated the Honda oil dilution software updates into the TSP tune?

If so, that would be incredible because I would think you could then re-upload the TSP tune after the oil dilution update and it wouldn't overwrite any Honda software changes. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Anyone else notice the increased idle speed?
I'd be curious to hear the answer to this one.

I'll admit, I haven't been following the oil dilution fiasco as closely as I maybe should, but if the "fix" is incorporated into the tune that would be awesome.

Also, my idle speed has not changed (Hondata, though).

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be curious to hear the answer to this one.

I'll admit, I haven't been following the oil dilution fiasco as closely as I maybe should, but if the "fix" is incorporated into the tune that would be awesome.

Also, my idle speed has not changed (Hondata, though).
No difference at all? Interesting.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No difference at all? Interesting.
How much higher is yours? If mine is higher at all it's definitely not enough for me to notice.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag