Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have 87 in the car I would not drive on Map slot 1, the timing advances are still going to be there. Revert to stock until you have good fuel in the tank.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I guess people tune their cars for a variety of reasons. For me, it's about being about to confidently "compete" in the commuter wars. And believe me, around here (Maryland) you need a car that can get out of it's own way.

I generally drive my car fairly conservatively and try to maximize mpgs, but I pick and choose my fun moments. Today, was one of those times. :)

Approaching a curvy highway on ramp, I was passed by a Mercedes Benz and an Acura SUV who were doing 65+ on the 45 mph ramp. I decided I wanted to play. I gave it some gas and easily passed them on that curvy ramp. I backed my speed down and went into chill mode on the highway. I was going about 70 at that point. Soon, the MB passed me doing maybe 80 mph and climbing. At that point I decided I wanted to see what my TSP (Map 2) had.

This was the perfect time to do this. It was a nice crisp, cool early morning and there was no other traffic other than a few cars. I gave it some gas and easily caught up to the Benz. We were doing 85 side by side. He punched it. Then I punched it...

It is amazing that this little "econobox" accelerated the way it did. I pulled ahead with ease and then backed off at 108 mph and went on my merry way. In a bit he passed me as I was back to chill mode in the slow lane.

Side note: It always amazes me how much faster our car feels in cool, dry weather.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
Hi Gtman,

the next time the MB driver will think before passing a Civic with ktuner...

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
I guess people tune their cars for a variety of reasons. For me, it's about being about to confidently "compete" in the commuter wars. And believe me, around here (Maryland) you need a car that can get out of it's own way.

I generally drive my car fairly conservatively and try to maximize mpgs, but I pick and choose my fun moments. Today, was one of those times. :)

Approaching a curvy highway on ramp, I was passed by a Mercedes Benz and an Acura SUV who were doing 65+ on the 45 mph ramp. I decided I wanted to play. I gave it some gas and easily passed them on that curvy ramp. I backed my speed down and went into chill mode on the highway. I was going about 70 at that point. Soon, the MB passed me doing maybe 80 mph and climbing. At that point I decided I wanted to see what my TSP (Map 2) had.

This was the perfect time to do this. It was a nice crisp, cool early morning and there was no other traffic other than a few cars. I gave it some gas and easily caught up to the Benz. We we doing 85 side by side. He punched it. Then I punched it...

It is amazing that this little "econobox" accelerated the way it did. I pulled ahead with ease and then backed off at 108 mph and went on my merry way. In a bit he passed me as I was back to chill mode in the slow lane.

Side note: It always amazes me how much faster our car feels in cool, dry weather.
What’s the chill mode gtman? Do you mean Econ mode? Iam using 94 octane on tsp stage1 map 3, can I still use the Econ mode? Thanks for any inputs.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the chill mode gtman?
10 above the speed limit. :cool:

As far as Econ mode, of course you can. In Map 3 that's a 16.5 psi tune.

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Still thoroughly stoked about this tune.

Gaptized a modded Golf at the church of speed today. Felt good, felt clean.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Map 2 setup is usually my go to tune for everyday commuting. Today, going to work, I decided to use the Econ button setup. That basically had me at stock boost levels. Overall, it's not terrible but you definitely need to press harder on the accelerator to get going compared to Map 2.

Going home from work I put it back to Map 2 but sort of "forgot" I was out of the stock boost Econ setup. Gave it too much gas and was thrown back in my seat. :drive:

D-Rob has created a near perfect tune.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Map 2 setup is usually my go to tune for everyday commuting. Today, going to work, I decided to use the Econ button setup. That basically had me at stock boost levels. Overall, it's not terrible but you definitely need to press harder on the accelerator to get going compared to Map 2.

Going home from work I put it back to Map 2 but sort of "forgot" I was out of the stock boost Econ setup. Gave it too much gas and was thrown back in my seat. :drive:

D-Rob has created a near perfect tune.

Just as a reference, I had my car on Map 1 at a dragstrip by mistake during my 1st run, with the TSP Stage 1 tune. Still ran a 14.2@100mph. And to think that is the 'slow' tune. Yeah, it's a great tune. :)

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
Instead i loaded this configuration of ktuner starter 21 psi, with early spool and using tune 1 "soft":

Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) IMG_20191011_085353833

This configuration is a bomb! It is perfect for driving on the city or secondary road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is how I kind of drive...

Even though I'm tuned, I generally drive in Map 2 and drive with a light foot on the throttle. Every once in a while if a situation arises, I go for. Today was one of those moments.

A WRX came up behind me rapidly and then gunned it to pass me. I popped it in Map 3 and decided to join the fun. I quickly accelerated to meet him. He then accelerated and I quickly caught up. Then the moment of truth arrived. I gave it all she had and on this cool day, I was thrown back in my seat and I guarantee the WRX dude had a WTF moment seeing a Civic bolt like I had a V6. I was gone and he backed off.

It wasn't a race, just a fun little scenario before I went back to chill mode.

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
This is how I kind of drive...

Even though I'm tuned, I generally drive in Map 2 and drive with a light foot on the throttle. Every once in a while if a situation arises, I go for. Today was one of those moments.

A WRX came up behind me rapidly and then gunned it to pass me. I popped it in Map 3 and decided to join the fun. I quickly accelerated to meet him. He then accelerated and I quickly caught up. Then the moment of truth arrived. I gave it all she had and on this cool day, I was thrown back in my seat and I guarantee the WRX dude had a WTF moment seeing a Civic bolt like I had a V6. I was gone and he backed off.

It wasn't a race, just a fun little scenario before I went back to chill mode.
Wrx are easy prey surprisly

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Wrx are easy prey surprisly
having owned a 2002 WRX and 2011 EVOX, both extensively modded - AWD is just extra weight and drivetrain loss once you are moving at highway speeds. But taking turns sideways and having the confident grip of AWD to take off confidently when roads are slick..... took about 15 years to get old. I miss it, but no longer want the temptation of so easily being a jackass, nor the weight and driveline loss penalty for it.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are there any users from Europe using this tune?I have the G32 ECU ,not sure what the software number is.
Also This is also available with Hondata but the on the fly map switching isn't available then?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Are there any users from Europe using this tune?I have the G32 ECU ,not sure what the software number is.
Also This is also available with Hondata but the on the fly map switching isn't available then?
Many of us in Europe, I know at least 12 people using TSP stage1, all of them on ktuner.
Sponsored