Not open for further replies.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried both H&R and Eibachs (the mild drops) on my 9th gen Si and had problems with both. I experienced a lot of "pops" and "creaks" sounds from the front mostly at slow speed turning. They just never worked right. Eibach did a better job with pairing to the stock dampers than H&R but H&R is of better quality in my opinion. I've lowered 10 cars in the past and never had a problem. I am hoping the 10th gen suspension design is a little more accommodating. I have a 2016 LX Coupe manual on order and can't wait to get it. However I am skittish with lowering again. The coupe shows less wheel gap than the sedan so maybe it won't bother me as much.
Sponsored

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
I tried both H&R and Eibachs (the mild drops) on my 9th gen Si and had problems with both. I experienced a lot of "pops" and "creaks" sounds from the front mostly at slow speed turning. They just never worked right.
That's concerning - I've never modified the suspension on a Honda but did on BMW, Mercedes, VW & Audi. Have mostly positive experience with H&R & Eibach but I never paired them with stock shocks, usually paired the lower springs with either Koni & Bilstein. Since the labor to do the suspension is the same, I ended up with using a coilover setup, last one was the Bilstein PSS9. Based on your experience with your 9th Gen, are you going with lowering/sport springs when available or coilover instead on your soon-to-arrive coupe?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I tried both H&R and Eibachs (the mild drops) on my 9th gen Si and had problems with both. I experienced a lot of "pops" and "creaks" sounds from the front mostly at slow speed turning. They just never worked right. Eibach did a better job with pairing to the stock dampers than H&R but H&R is of better quality in my opinion. I've lowered 10 cars in the past and never had a problem. I am hoping the 10th gen suspension design is a little more accommodating. I have a 2016 LX Coupe manual on order and can't wait to get it. However I am skittish with lowering again. The coupe shows less wheel gap than the sedan so maybe it won't bother me as much.
The pops and creaks are almost always due to load range of the strut bushings (bearing packs). Their orientation is slightly off-center due to the lower static height. A properly designed suspension often includes reinforced bushings that can handle the revised angle of the strut assembly and its stiffer spring, without "buckling" under load.

#12 in this photo:
Honda Civic 10th gen H&R Springs for 2016 Civic coming in 2 months time {filename}

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 9th Gen I had Eibach Pro kit, no noise and ride quality was awesome. Decent drop, and my shocks were solid even when I switched to coil overs. The sport lines made noise though. It just happens unfortunately when your lower. Thankfully the 10th Civic is decently low, so a 1" drop would be amazing
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.