Guys I'm so excited

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
holy balls!! I am glad you're okay and your injuries weren't worse. And you get a new R out of it too but holy cheese crackers. I said holy shit out loud (and I'm at work) when I saw the photo. Dang.
Sponsored

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
another PMM down :nono: she was definitely texting, glad you made it out ok. What badge # did you have?

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Sounds like you got a fair settlement on the property. Make sure your body is doing good. There could be lingering injuries that might not surface until years down the road. Get a PI lawyer or have the insurance cut you some form of compensation for injuries.

OP
OP

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sounds like you got a fair settlement on the property. Make sure your body is doing good. There could be lingering injuries that might not surface until years down the road. Get a PI lawyer or have the insurance cut you some form of compensation for injuries.
Yeah I thought the offer was really fair. Im getting the hip checked out today and then I'm going to go from there. I'm hoping it's nothing major but I'm sure they'll order an MRI to make sure.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brakes failed!?!?! :bs: Lock her up for a few days. Teach these people a lesson and hold them accountable for their actions. She could've killed you or someone else.

OP
OP

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Brakes failed!?!?! :bs: Lock her up for a few days. Teach these people a lesson and hold them accountable for their actions. She could've killed you or someone else.
Yeah I wasn't really buying it either. I do wonder if her insurance company or the police are going to investigate. I'm not sure if they just take her at her word or what. It didn't seem like she even attempted to avoid me.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Yeah I wasn't really buying it either. I do wonder if her insurance company or the police are going to investigate. I'm not sure if they just take her at her word or what. It didn't seem like she even attempted to avoid me.
Easy to prove they just to get her phone records, but won't help you so let the authorities do what they need to do. Somebody said above texting is the new DUI and I couldn't agree more. I spend more time watching my rear view mirrors than I do looking out front. Nice thing about the Type R is when I spot a "phone driver" I can quickly get away from them!:thumbsup:

I'm just grateful for you that it was not worse than it was.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Lock her up? People make mistakes. Chill out Sir Douche Alot.

OP
OP

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Also I don't want to drill the front bumper on my new one, if anyone has front plate holder recommendations I'm all ears. I have to buy one today

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I didn't even ask. I'm sure they're gonna get a lot for it when they auction it.

I do know that the estimate to fix it was at least $24,000 lol
24k to fix means it'll probably auction off for around 10-15k

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you're okay with people intentionally breaking the laws with no consequences? How do you feel about DUI? How would you feel if her "mistake" killed your family member. I only said for a few days. Just long enough to discourage her from doing that shit again. Something's gotta change, there are WAY too many distracted drivers today.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
So you're okay with people intentionally breaking the laws with no consequences? How do you feel about DUI? How would you feel if her "mistake" killed your family member. I only said for a few days. Just long enough to discourage her from doing that shit again. Something's gotta change, there are WAY too many distracted drivers today.
While I don't disagree with your sentiments in a lot of states phone use and driving is not against the law as a primary offense. Some laws make it even more dangerous as the offenders try to hide their phone in their lap which takes even more time away from paying attention to their driving. People are addicted to their phones and until such time that the phone dudes put a chip in there that knows when your are moving faster than a set mph it disables the connection people will continue to do it and cause accidents. My latest software update tells me "you cannot use your phone when you are driving" then gives me the option of "I'm not driving" to click on. That is NOT going to solve this problem. Hell, people get hit everyday when walking with their faces buried in the phone and step out into the street. You are right WAY TOO MANY distracted drivers. Putting someone in jail a couple of days is not going to solve the problem either. Doesn't work well for DUI's...

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
@CTtypeR
Sorry for what you had to go through. Especially given that you were not at fault.
What I want to stress: first make sure to recover well. A concussion/consciousness alteration is not a light thing on the brain. It needs to recover.
Try to take time off from work, make sure you get lots of sleep, avoid intense physical and intellectual activities. Get some clean nutrition, avoid alcohol/smoking, get a clean diet(drop processed foods, sweets, inflammation causing foods). Eat whole foods. Take some supplements: vitamins (esp B,C), magnesium, omega3 fats(linen, fish oil).

Yeah it's a pity to loose this car but focus on your health in the next period. Make sure you are recovered to the level before.
As for the other driver, high likely it was a "connected" zombie. I see them all over, every day. She should be held accountable for what she did. An investigation will clearly demonstrate if it was "brake loss" or not. If it was really the case she could have steered away and not hit you flat out. Opening a civil action for damages(in case there were) would teach her a lesson.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
CTtyper, Glad that you walked away from the accident. I was rear ended by a Freightliner service truck in March that totaled my '16 Civic EX-L. Congratulations on the new Type R!!

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
So talking/texting was a "mistake"? The beotch could have easily killed someone. And we all know what comes next - "I'm so sorry!!!". As if that would make any difference. I see it every day. Talking/texting/blowing through stop signs, etc..

If someone makes that "mistake" with me or a family member they will regret it. I will hire an attorney and go for the kill.
Sponsored