Grill emblem cracked--what are my options?

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I should have mentioned, you are “cutting” those 2 little pegs on the back so the metal retaining clips fall off. Once the metal clips are off the pegs, you can pry the emblem off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I tried asking Honda Canada for warranty and they said how can Honda warranty something “you” broke? Valid point I suppose but at least I tried.

This is my emblem all busted up. Haven’t replaced it yet because of the access to the back. I’ll have to check out how to cut those little pegs.
Well yeah, I saw your post; yours looks like it had an impact though. Mine doesn't look like this. It looks like it cracked internally.

Mine is cracked too, probably rock impact. I will probably replace it with the grill ProCivic is selling.
Link to the grill?

I should have mentioned, you are “cutting” those 2 little pegs on the back so the metal retaining clips fall off. Once the metal clips are off the pegs, you can pry the emblem off.
So with your method, does this allow me to reuse the clip holes where the emblem sits? It's not just cutting the clips to free the emblem, correct?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Mine is cracked too, probably rock impact. I will probably replace it with the grill ProCivic is selling.
Does the one ProCivic is selling fit the Red H Emblem? They say the following below on their website but then at the same time have a photo with a red emblem.
  • Includes a new genuine Honda emblem and push nuts for a complete installation. You cannot reuse your factory emblem since it will not fit on this grille.
Edit: Just looked at that other thread and a JDM emblem fits well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R #22036
Country flag
Noticed that my emblem is cracked, too, this morning... I suspect it was from a rock that got kicked up. Has anyone had any luck replacing with warranty? Is my best option to replace it myself?
Honda Civic 10th gen Grill emblem cracked--what are my options? IMG_5497.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Grill emblem cracked--what are my options? IMG_5498.JPG

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
wow, makes me wanna check mines when I get home from work. I have ppf Xpel on mine but obviously they're still cracking.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I wonder if some of the cracks are from people trying to steal them. Is that still a thing?

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I wonder if some of the cracks are from people trying to steal them. Is that still a thing?
possibly, but some have cracks right in the middle. If people are really trying to steal these emblems I would imagine the cracks will show on corners.

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is also cracked, I assume from a rock since it is cracked in the middle and spider webbed out (but there is no hole in the middle from the initial hit?) It doesn't look terrible unless you get eye level with it so I won't bother replacing at this time. Who knows, seems to be a common issue haha.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Mine was cracked the first week I got my Type-R, and there is no point in replacing it because it is going to crack again. The thing is a large flat surface on the front of the car, so I imagine nearly every owner who drives on the freeway especially is going to see this.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I noticed my front emblem had several small cracks a couple of weeks ago. The next time I get an oil change I will see if I can warranty it. You would think Honda would want that emblem to be perfect to show off their top of the line product and make it something that won't crack, but they went the cheap route and made it out of plastic.

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
My front emblem is cracked too :) Happened on a long road trip from Orlando to Atlanta... My plan is to replace it and then cover it with some type of clear bra. I had a guy at a shop here tell me that a clear bra over the emblem should do a decent job of protecting it against impact damage because of it's thickness... but I guess some of you guys are just encountering some big rocks. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for an aftermarket company to come in and offer an impact resistant emblem replacement.

CTR_MIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks @nxt3. Called my dude at Honda and gonna bring it by tommorow to access the situation.
Sponsored