Grill emblem cracked--what are my options?

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Something I noticed today; there are two cracks on the "Red H" emblem in the grill; PPF was even present and didn't protect it.

I'm not crazy about just pulling it off and replacing it since it leaves the old tabs stuck in there. I'd rather remove it normally--but that involves removing the grill which involves removing the bumper.

I was reading around on here and some people said you can get it replaced via warranty. Is this true? I'd take that route if it's not crazy to ask.
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Probably get one of those eBay $100 grills, increase cooling and not have to worry about it anymore. Likely going to just sell my OEM one.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Co
Probably get one of those eBay $100 grills, increase cooling and not have to worry about it anymore. Likely going to just sell my OEM one.
Could I have a link?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
there is this one where you can keep the logo:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-17-HOND...763011?hash=item25e363de83:g:NnwAAOSwC-taBgQ2

I ordered this one because I don't care about the logo, people say they fit well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-17-HOND...843196?hash=item56a6c0d6bc:g:AmIAAOSwzRpaMBOs

*** I just posted the first ones I saw they might be for a coupe/sedan or wrong model just wanted to give an idea. Think you want to find the 5 door hatch versions. Haven't installed mine yet to comment on fitment.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The problem with this solution is that I still need to remove the bumper. If I'm doing that, I might as well spend less money and replace it.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I replaced my cracked front emblem without taking off the bumper.

I removed the radiator cover, reached down with a pair of wire cutters and snipped the 2 nips on the back of the emblem.

Then I just peeled the emblem off and replaced with the new one!

Lmk if you have any questions. Took about 15 minutes to complete

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I replaced my cracked front emblem without taking off the bumper.

I removed the radiator cover, reached down with a pair of wire cutters and snipped the 2 nips on the back of the emblem.

Then I just peeled the emblem off and replaced with the new one!

Lmk if you have any questions. Took about 15 minutes to complete
Where did you buy the emblem?

Siblue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Civic 18 Type R
Country flag
Did it crack from impact of some sort? Or do you think it's temp related? I would warranty it either way.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did it crack from impact of some sort? Or do you think it's temp related? I would warranty it either way.
Honestly, I can't tell if it's from impact. Part of me is saying "no" because the PPF on top is pristine; not to mention it looks like it's splintering as opposed to direct impact. I know for a fact it wasn't there when I got PPF installed. It must have happened recently. I'll try to get it warrantied; but if that doesn't work, I'm going to replace it myself.

typerui

First Name
chin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Something I noticed today; there are two cracks on the "Red H" emblem in the grill; PPF was even present and didn't protect it.

I'm not crazy about just pulling it off and replacing it since it leaves the old tabs stuck in there. I'd rather remove it normally--but that involves removing the grill which involves removing the bumper.

I was reading around on here and some people said you can get it replaced via warranty. Is this true? I'd take that route if it's not crazy to ask.
Ohhh my emblem crack too , I wonder is Happening because of the heat ... no impact damage either

Honda Civic 10th gen Grill emblem cracked--what are my options? 658BBCDB-DDB5-4DE6-B623-DA6F82A48F40

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Mine was a rock impact. Only hit the emblem so I got lucky.

I purchased the emblem from the dealership. Parts guy ended up giving it to me for no charge when I picked it up. I think it was supposed to be around $40

otbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
I have an extra OEM front emblem that I can't use with one of the aftermarket grilles. Brand new from the dealership, still in the packaging. I'll let it go for a good deal if anyone is interested. Just throwing it out there... PM me if you're wanting it.

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag

I tried asking Honda Canada for warranty and they said how can Honda warranty something “you” broke? Valid point I suppose but at least I tried.

This is my emblem all busted up. Haven’t replaced it yet because of the access to the back. I’ll have to check out how to cut those little pegs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Grill emblem cracked--what are my options? DF111F95-6FD2-4278-B886-37E39AF4ED75

Honda Civic 10th gen Grill emblem cracked--what are my options? 79B55515-D00E-423A-B5F0-9BF28A1CB31C

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Mine is cracked too, probably rock impact. I will probably replace it with the grill ProCivic is selling.
Sponsored