5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Anyone out there with the Greddy sp dual exhaust ? I was looking to purchase one I just wanted to know how you like it and is it worth it ? Pros?cons? I’m looking for an exhaust that is not to loud but louder than stock.
Sponsored

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Anyone out there with the Greddy sp dual exhaust ? I was looking to purchase one I just wanted to know how you like it and is it worth it ? Pros?cons? I’m looking for an exhaust that is not to loud but louder than stock.
Great exhaust, but far from the best, not too loud, a bit of drone, but not too bad. Be sure to get new better quality gaskets if you go that route. I’m probably gonna swap it out in the future for something more aggressive when I don’t have to drive this thing everyday. Apexi should be dropping something soon that’s a dual pipe as well.

OP
OP
5280fk8

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Great exhaust, but far from the best, not too loud, a bit of drone, but not too bad. Be sure to get new better quality gaskets if you go that route. I’m probably gonna swap it out in the future for something more aggressive when I don’t have to drive this thing everyday. Apexi should be dropping something soon that’s a dual pipe as well.
Thanks man appreciate it , since I’m driving the car everyday I think greddy is the perfect alternative but little bit of drone shouldn’t be to bad . How much is the apexi gunna run ?

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man appreciate it , since I’m driving the car everyday I think greddy is the perfect alternative but little bit of drone shouldn’t be to bad . How much is the apexi gunna run ?
They haven’t released any pricing info, but I can send link. Probably start taking pre order Mid to late December, but people won’t start seeing them shipped until Jan/Feb.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I am not a fan of dual tips on the CTR, but that Apexi unit looks good. The large diameter fills the cove nicely, and the burnt/rolled ends look great as well.....Can't wait till those come out and someone here gets a set installed...love to hear what they sound like.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh, as for the topic, lol...I've seen greddy and heard it in person. I liked the look and sound. I felt it looked better in person than the pics I've seen.

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
oh, as for the topic, lol...I've seen greddy and heard it in person. I liked the look and sound. I felt it looked better in person than the pics I've seen.
Agreed, originally wanted miltek, but didn’t want to spend that kind of money at the time. I’m still somewhat interested in miltek, but I’ll wait a couple of years until car is paid off to do any more mods. Btw how do you like it so far?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, originally wanted miltek, but didn’t want to spend that kind of money at the time. I’m still somewhat interested in miltek, but I’ll wait a couple of years until car is paid off to do any more mods. Btw how do you like it so far?
I like mine. I had almost sold it a couple times, but was only doing it because I wanted a different look...then realized, why not just change the tips. I changed the tips to the burnt style...just need to put the exhaust back on. It's not too loud when driving normal and I've never had an issue with drone.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I like mine. I had almost sold it a couple times, but was only doing it because I wanted a different look...then realized, why not just change the tips. I changed the tips to the burnt style...just need to put the exhaust back on. It's not too loud when driving normal and I've never had an issue with drone.
Hey I want to see pix of that when you get it fitted back on. I am HUGE fan of the burnt tips....would like to see that look on a Miltek!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like mine. I had almost sold it a couple times, but was only doing it because I wanted a different look...then realized, why not just change the tips. I changed the tips to the burnt style...just need to put the exhaust back on. It's not too loud when driving
Hey I want to see pix of that when you get it fitted back on. I am HUGE fan of the burnt tips....would like to see that look on a Miltek!
it'll be a few more weeks. Waiting for my wife to go into labor :)

Because you know as soon as I get under that car she's going to walk out and be like...hey, time to go :D

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
it'll be a few more weeks. Waiting for my wife to go into labor :)

Because you know as soon as I get under that car she's going to walk out and be like...hey, time to go :D
Then you will be changing diapers instead of changing out the exhaust lol

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
I've got the Greddy SP dual tip exhaust and I love it. The drone isn't too much, although driving on the highway with the back seats down might give you a headache. Overall its a great exhaust for a daily. My favorite thing to do is accelerate next to a wall or highway barrier so the sound of the exhaust bounces into the car ;)
Sponsored