GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Finally got my hands on the GReddy carbon fiber lip for the 2-4 door Civics. I figured it would fit the hatch LX bumper as well as the Si, but I’m running into this issue:
Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates EF650BD8-4614-4D19-A2E1-EC0D6FA76C4D

Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates BD158187-92AA-4C48-85A4-920C5B6A05AE
The lip is centered on the bumper but there’s a gap on either end where the cf is pre-drilled. I can flex the bumper inwards so I can drill into the plastic LX lip, but I feel I shouldn’t have to. I might drill another hole further forward where there’s more area in the plastic and the cf.

I didn’t want to drill and eyeball shit at night so I’ll try again this weekend. If it matters, it’s a Sport hatchback with an LX under bumper. I believe it should fit just like it does on the Si.

Here’s how it should look:

Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates 89F73A83-58C8-417C-8A96-088433D61033

Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates 48DBCBDF-1A59-44E3-9B44-F7102422DD0A

Last edited:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Looks nice dude. You could also drill a small hole in your bumper and use a black zip tie to secure it, think that would look better than flexing the bumper inward to line up with the hole? Looks like overall the fit is spot on, surprised its such a small adjustment since the lip is designed for a entirely different body style

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Oh no it definitely won’t need to flex too much to get it to line up. But there just isn’t much material there to be screwing into and drilling holes. And that’s the thing, I’m drilling new holes “while” flexing it to line up. Not ideal, but not something I wanna try in the dark, and without an extra pair of hands (and eyes) just to be safe.

I get it, it’s that far back to support the ends of the lip. But I’ll probably end up adding an additional hole about an inch forward of that. I’ll try again. I just remembered I had some Dewalt trigger clamps that I could’ve used as a third hand. Doh!

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
If you plan on lowering your car that style lip will inevetibly scrape at some point either on a speedbump, driveway etc. If you have some flexibility built into how mount it will allow it to flex a little as opposed to it being rigid and cracking, does that make sense?I use to crack polyurethane lips all the time cant even imagine carbon fiber, doesnt look too forgiving

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks nice, I know they have one coming for the Civic Hatchback (Non-Sport) in both carbon and non carbon, looks kind of like it. The lip and bumper on the hatch is different from the Coupe and Sedan. Maybe just leave that hole alone and drill one further up or drill one in the plastic guard and use a lock tie to secure it.. I know that is cheap but it might work :)

-R

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Thats disappointing.

Their site says the sport hatch should fit if you buy an additional piece. But now it looks like buying that additional piece wouldnt help.

Have you contacted Greddy?

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The piece you have to buy is the lower grill / lip trim on the bottom of the bumper. I know the sports trim is wider hence why lips for it wont work on non sport hatch or Si... My guess is that is the issue maybe.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
The piece you have to buy is the lower grill / lip trim on the bottom of the bumper. I know the sports trim is wider hence why lips for it wont work on non sport hatch or Si... My guess is that is the issue maybe.
So the NON sport hatches have a different lower grill than the sport hatches and the Si's?

But the sport hatch and the si's also have a different lower grill because its saying, for us sport hatch owners, we need to buy that lower grill too?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
The LX/Sport and Si grills look exactly the same. But are two piece on the Sport and one piece on the LX and Si. The Si and the hatchback LX “look like” the same part, but have different part #s. They are one piece grill and lower lip.

The Sport lip flares out at the sides and is painted gloss black. The Sport also has the grill separate from the lip, and either part individually costs more than the LX one piece lip/grill.

I damaged my Sport grill and lip. So rather than replacing them both, I went with the LX lip/grille, which was cheaper, but also looks better with aftermarket lips (and even the HFP one). The Sport lip with an additional lip looks kinda off to me.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates CF2A52F6-12A4-4E0A-B592-249F5AFD4F7D
That’s what I bought. It’s the lower grill/lip kit from the LX.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To my understanding the Sport Hatch is different and the Non Sport Hatch all trims are the same plus I believe the Si as far as how the lower trim lip is done. This is why lip kits for the Sport Hatch wont work on the Non Sport and Si models.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I have an Si and was wondering if the regular sedan lips would work on mine with some modification. Does the lip pretty much line up for the most part?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates 11038E74-3E87-48F6-BFBA-45EEB7BC96F8
Honda Civic 10th gen GReddy lip on hatchback issue: 2 new updates B1AC8EF8-21BE-4F30-83E5-13010FBC0A4C
Update: Installed the lip on my hatch. It did take a slight bit of flexing the bumper to align correctly. Nothing too major. I did confirm that it fits the sedan Si with no stretching of the bumper whatsoever. I also put screws further forward on the lip, and also used larger 1” washers than the ones provided by GReddy.

It does hang quite a bit lower and I’m still on stock height so I’ll gave to think twice about certain driveways. I’ll probavly reconsider lowering the car too much. Was thinking Eibach Pro Kits, or even OEM Si but we’ll see.