Greddy Exhaust or Borla?

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I am currently tied up between the Greddy and Borla Exhaust for my Sport Hatch. I like the sound of the Borla but is it louder then the Greddy? Why do people prefer the Greddy over any exhaust? I just need some help thats all
Sponsored

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
People like the Greddy exhaust because it's very affordable (comparatively), larger diameter than most, and sounds pretty good. Sound clips online are tough as a representation of actual sound, as the mods the person that made the video has are varied, as well as conditions and accoustics at the time of recording. If you know anyone with either, or any aftermarket exhaust on a 10th gen Civic, listen to it in person. That's your best option.

At the end of the day, buy what you like. They'll all sound better/louder than stock.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to like borla idk If the quality is the same but if it is it's deff better quality

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So I am currently tied up between the Greddy and Borla Exhaust for my Sport Hatch. I like the sound of the Borla but is it louder then the Greddy? Why do people prefer the Greddy over any exhaust? I just need some help thats all
Like others have stated I think the greddy is probably the best for the sound + price point. I don't think I've read too much about the borla but I do think I read that people said it's quite a bit louder and have some drone.

I got the Greddy myself mostly because of the same, price, people said it wasn't TOO much louder than stock. I do agree, at first I thought it was too much but that's mostly because coming from the stock pipe/exhaust, that was virtually silent. It doesn't drone much however sometimes city driving it does get on my nerves a small amount and I am considering adding a resonator or just new "toned down" exhaust system altogether.

Just look up sound clips and see if you can make a judgment call yourself, I think most options you'll be OK.

The only thing negative I can take away from the Greddy is that with the 3" piping I do feel like my low end torque is a little more dampened/laggy than before but overall I'm pretty happy for now.

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up going with Borla and it honestly sounds really good. Not too loud, but has a low rumble. 10/10 would recommend

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Went with greddy to pair up with my prl dp/fp so im running 3inch piping all the way through...even though i have a cvt theres gurgles and the occasional pop..sounds good to me..

Numero1latino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I did check previous threads on mods and warranty, but I'm newb confused:

Will a new Borla or Greddy exhaust void the engine warranty?
My dealer told me that as long as it was a catback exhaust I would have no issues with the warranty.

wbuff

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Edit: Just saw you bought the Borla, good choice lol.

I was in the same boat but decided on the Borla, managed to get it for around $730 after tax from Ebay. I love how it sounds and don't have any issues with drone. I've heard the GReddy can have some drone but can't verify as I've never heard it in person. Here's a video of my exhaust:

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I'm also stuck between Borla S Type and Greedy Supreme Sp. I like that poppin on Supreme. Borla doesn't have that poppin! I can't find supreme anywhere? I don't wanna get the thing that I don't want it. But I also want louder exhaust. Anyone knows when Greedy Supreme SP back in stock?

Razthecat

First Name
Faraz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
I'm also stuck between Borla S Type and Greedy Supreme Sp. I like that poppin on Supreme. Borla doesn't have that poppin! I can't find supreme anywhere? I don't wanna get the thing that I don't want it. But I also want louder exhaust. Anyone knows when Greedy Supreme SP back in stock?
My Borla popped pretty significantly when I just had it and nothing else on, and even more with the catless downpipe. It is slightly louder than the greddy and still maintains a very nice tone. I got compliments from non car people which, for a civic exhaust, is pretty good

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
My Borla popped pretty significantly when I just had it and nothing else on, and even more with the catless downpipe. It is slightly louder than the greddy and still maintains a very nice tone. I got compliments from non car people which, for a civic exhaust, is pretty good
I'm not thinking downpipe for now. I sent an e mail to Greddy they're saying that they'll get supreme sp end of October ??‍♂ So I'll probably buy Borla S Type!

Razthecat

First Name
Faraz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
I'm not thinking downpipe for now. I sent an e mail to Greddy they're saying that they'll get supreme sp end of October ??‍♂ So I'll probably buy Borla S Type!
here’s a video before the downpipe just for reference

Kento.fk7

First Name
Kenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback
Went with greddy to pair up with my prl dp/fp so im running 3inch piping all the way through...even though i have a cvt theres gurgles and the occasional pop..sounds good to me..
Is there any drone?
Sponsored