Gravity force indicator and others

EduMtl

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 SI Sedan, Civic 2009 DXG Coupe
I can never read the gravity force indicator when it should be more useful because it gets hidden by the turning steering wheel.

Even if I can read it I don't t see the use of it.

I would also like to have an indication telling if you are going up or down a hill. I think this one does not work for that.

Same thing for the indication level of pressing of the gas and break pedals. I don't see the use.

I would also like those round red/ambar lights turning on at a lower RPM or adjustable to the RPM we want to change gear.

I would like other improvements also in the instrument panel.

What's your opinion?
Sponsored

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I agree with you to Ed, most of the features are more gimmicky then being functional. My dash screen is set 99% of the time to the boost gauge, but I do see myself using the Lap timer once I actually start taking my Si around a track.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
In the infotainment you can turn the tachometer off and you will have the shift lights and run the boost gauge. That's my set up, I believe it's under system settings and must have parking brake set.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
In the infotainment you can turn the tachometer off and you will have the shift lights and run the boost gauge. That's my set up, I believe it's under system settings and must have parking brake set.
Hm. I never noticed that.

I wish you could display all of the selectable performance monitors on the infotainment screen also, so they could be seen via camera for autocross/track.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Hm. I never noticed that.

I wish you could display all of the selectable performance monitors on the infotainment screen also, so they could be seen via camera for autocross/track.
You can if you have a tuning programmer.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
You can if you have a tuning programmer.
It seems like you can also do it without one, if you were to root the head-unit and use an OBD2 dongle.

I tried turning off the tachometer today. The center screen looks so empty without it.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I don't see the use of a lot of those different dashboard settings either. Mine is set to the mpg one. I'd like to have a bit more customization available... different colors perhaps? I also run into problems with seeing around the steering wheel.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I don't see the use of a lot of those different dashboard settings either. Mine is set to the mpg one. I'd like to have a bit more customization available... different colors perhaps? I also run into problems with seeing around the steering wheel.
I kind of see the point, as many people have them set to different things based on this thread.

99% of the time mine is set to the music one to show what song/podcast is currently playing.
Sponsored