Gravel in brakes

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Shouldn't have to take it to the dealer every time. You should be able to address it yourself most of the time.
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ack, sorry to hear that Jake. It’s a bummer for sure man.

Been fortunate and not had the issue for awhile now.. **knock on wood**

Honda Civic 10th gen Gravel in brakes 0EF61157-4715-4DCB-86FD-2C72A514A775

Had been washing the brake calipers and pads real well using a pressure washer...amazing how black the water is coming off. Suspect a lot of the screeching is due to to dirty brakes. That’s what the Honda tech told me the last time I took it in, before getting into DIY maintenance.

Recently switched to Girodisc front rotors and pads and no squealing issues since. They are slotted and the pads seem to be much less dusty.

Curious now if this is an OEM rotor and pad issue with the drilled holes and dusty brakes?

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yea i have had a rock in mine for about 2 weeks now hoping that little sucker would have shaved and come off but no luck, lol. This is your fifth time? I lost count after 10 but there is no need to take it to dealer. When i am not lazy, i jack the car up whichever side the rock is on, take off tire and remove the rock. Typically i have this thin metal cable and work the rock till it comes out!

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
I just had this happen to me (1400 miles) this past weekend. I thought I ran over a metal plate that got stuck on the wheel hub or something. It went away once I got going but that was pretty scary :(

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Is this screeching sound different from the brake squeak?
Yes, it is a different sound. Recently I took my CTR in for an oil change and the brakes were squeaking something horrible when I pulled in to the service bay. My service writer said he would check that out as well. I told him it was just the brakes and it has done that since day one. Sometimes better sometimes worse. He said the brakes should not squeak. Later he claimed they found several rocks caught in the shield. I said that's fine, but that is not the issue. The service writer was convinced the problem was solved. I drove away with still squeaking brakes. I told my service writer I would be an idiot if I drove the car for two years claiming inherit brake squeal when there were simply some rocks caught I the brake shield.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Just happened to me today. Cruising. And then hearing this awful “metal grinding noise”. Was looking around for a POS car to drive by. And eventually realized it was me! Parked car. Drove forward and reverse and noise went away. It really caught me off guard. Thought my engine freaking died. Haha.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Happens to me 90% of the time when I drive the car. I live down a half mile gravel road. You guys can imagine. I went to the muffler shop and had my invidia r400 installed today. The whole ride home I was like this sounds awesome! As soon as I turned onto the gravel road leading to my house. All I could hear was the rocks stuck in the brakes which totally put a downer on the exhaust note LOL!
Sponsored