GPS problem

ai4px

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit, 2016 Civic
Wife's 2016 Touring has a GPS problem. It loses lock periodically. Did it to me in south florida a month ago and she took it to the dealer, they installed a firmware update. Then last week we took the car on a trip and saw it do it twice. Got pictures of it on cell phone. Anyone else experiencing this? I figure the position gets so far off base it doesn't think it's near a road and starts rerouting us back to the road

Honda Civic 10th gen GPS problem IMG_1193.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

ai4px

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit, 2016 Civic
A funny to add here... went to dealer Friday to get oil changed in my other honda. While I was there, I spoke to the service manager about my wife's 2016 civic's GPS issues. I told him the GPS would lose lock and had us off the road which screwed up the turn by turn routing. He asked if my car was a 2015 or 2016. When I said 2016, he chimed right in with a story of some woman that had been there a few weeks ago and the GPS had them driving in the ocean in the Florida keys. I said that's my wife and that was me on a scuba trip. So I guess this hasn't happened to more than one car at this dealership?? snicker.

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Wife's 2016 Touring has a GPS problem. It loses lock periodically. Did it to me in south florida a month ago and she took it to the dealer, they installed a firmware update. Then last week we took the car on a trip and saw it do it twice. Got pictures of it on cell phone. Anyone else experiencing this? I figure the position gets so far off base it doesn't think it's near a road and starts rerouting us back to the road
Yes, I am having this problem and am fighting with the dealership to get them to fix it. They keep claiming that it's "normal" and I tell them that it's not. They then tried blaming the tint but it's been happening since day 1 and my tint is non-metallic. If anyone has had luck dealing with this please tell me how to get them to actually fix it.

ak92c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes, I am having this problem and am fighting with the dealership to get them to fix it. They keep claiming that it's "normal" and I tell them that it's not. They then tried blaming the tint but it's been happening since day 1 and my tint is non-metallic. If anyone has had luck dealing with this please tell me how to get them to actually fix it.
We have the same problem with my wife's 2016 Civic Touring. We took it in about 6 months ago and the dealer told us Honda was aware of the problem and an update for the GPS was going to be sent out in a few months. We took it back in on January 16, 2017, and they tried to update the GPS but it would not update. I was told another update was being released by Honda. I spoke with the dealer yesterday who said they had the new update. We have an appointment this Saturday to have the new GPS update done.

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
We have the same problem with my wife's 2016 Civic Touring. We took it in about 6 months ago and the dealer told us Honda was aware of the problem and an update for the GPS was going to be sent out in a few months. We took it back in on January 16, 2017, and they tried to update the GPS but it would not update. I was told another update was being released by Honda. I spoke with the dealer yesterday who said they had the new update. We have an appointment this Saturday to have the new GPS update done.
You will have to let me know if it solves your accuracy problem.

CaptainAwesome

Curator of awesomeness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring; 2012 Silverado LT, TX Ed.; 2015 Murano Plat.
Country flag
My 2017 is doing this. It only has 600 miles so I haven't had time to take it in. I'll watch this thread for fixes and and any fixes that I discover.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think this may have happened for a brief minute for me once driving in DC. Never reoccured.

ak92c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You will have to let me know if it solves your accuracy problem.
I took it in to the dealer today They installed a GPS update from a USB drive. The service bulletin number on the receipt was 16-022. The GPS showed my proper position as I drove home, about 5 miles. The car sat all day and we drove it to dinner in the evening and it showed the proper position as we drove there, about 10 miles. We came out of the restaurant and as we were leaving the GPS did not wok properly. It showed us driving west, off road through a wooded area, but we were driving south. After about two miles it jumped back to the proper position and stayed there the rest of the way home. Back to the dealer. This was the third time it has been to the dealer. It may be time for a new GPS installed. If you do have the update performed write down all your preset satellite radio stations, speed dial phone entries and saved palces you have in your GPS because the update will delete them all and they have to be re-entered.

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
We have the same problem, with our brand new Civic Sport Plus.

I have updated Honda Connect and Garmin software, but i still have the same problem.

Did any of you get the issue solved?

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
I still have the same problem ..2017 Sport Touring Hatch ....been reported to Honda Tech ....I don't think Honda has any idea on how to correct this, either that or Honda doesn't give a shit ...been going on for me since last March
Sorry to hear you still have the same problem and Honda don´t know/want to corret it.

I will try to contact the Honda dealer.

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
I went to the dealer Thursday, and the only think they did was to reset the unit to factory settings. I have not had a chance to check if it works now, because the issue first start after 40 min of drive.

But it was a little bit strange at the dealer.
First when I arrived I was talking to 2 employees and is sounded like they never had heard about this issue before.
When i vent back to collect my car, then the same 2 employees had heard abut the issue from others, and they said they are waiting for a fix from Honda, and they expect the fix to come anytime. They will write to all the owners when the fix is ready.
I am not quite sure I believe that the fix is about to arrive, or if Honda will have a fix to the issue at all.

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
Last week was the first time i had a chance to check if the reset of the unit had an effect.
We went for a drive. On the way out it was about one hour og driving, and on the way home, we toke a detour, so it was about one and a half hour of driving.
And we did not have the issue at any time. The gps was in the right position all the time.

I have written another mail to Honda to verify what the dealer said, that there is a fix on the way.
And Honda Denmark have verified that there is an update to the system on the way, but they can of course not say if the update will fix the issue.
The update should arrive next month.

TurboRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Holy shy-. There still seems to be no fix for this 2 years now?! My 2017 Hatch Sport touring is doing the same thing. I've been in 3 times NO FIX. They changed the GPS antenna, then the entire GPS/radio. Doing the same thing. I would consider looking at Lemon Laws. Anyone else?!
Sponsored