Got rear ended (just a rant)...

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
$2400(CAD) in damage. (black sport trim + bumper is cracked)

Was leaving work, went to turn right at a red light (came to a stop first of course as cars were coming) and another person who works at my work decided to look at the other cars coming while approaching the light. Slammed right into the back of my 2017 Hatchback Sport.

Needless to say, I've got no hard feelings towards the guy but I'm SO PISSED that my car is now a) damaged and b) will now have a mark on the vehicle history as being in an accident now.

Now, I am not sure what to do. Roughly 7 years ago I was rear ended by a woman going roughly 80-100KM/hr. I had brutally painful whiplash and was in physio once per week for about a year. Although he didn't slam into me too hard, it seems to have resurfaced the previous injury so I am unsure of whether to just ask my insurance for some physio or what. I am not one of these "oh, accident now I'm gonna instantly sue" kind of people though (note: the one where I was rear ended 7 years ago, yes, I sued on that one).

Anyone else been involved in an accident with their 16+ Civics?

/rant
Sponsored

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
$2400(CAD) in damage. (black sport trim + bumper is cracked)

Was leaving work, went to turn right at a red light (came to a stop first of course as cars were coming) and another person who works at my work decided to look at the other cars coming while approaching the light. Slammed right into the back of my 2017 Hatchback Sport.

Needless to say, I've got no hard feelings towards the guy but I'm SO PISSED that my car is now a) damaged and b) will now have a mark on the vehicle history as being in an accident now.

Now, I am not sure what to do. Roughly 7 years ago I was rear ended by a woman going roughly 80-100KM/hr. I had brutally painful whiplash and was in physio once per week for about a year. Although he didn't slam into me too hard, it seems to have resurfaced the previous injury so I am unsure of whether to just ask my insurance for some physio or what. I am not one of these "oh, accident now I'm gonna instantly sue" kind of people though (note: the one where I was rear ended 7 years ago, yes, I sued on that one).

Anyone else been involved in an accident with their 16+ Civics?

/rant
Whether you require physio is up to you, as the degree of pain is subjective to the injured. It wouldn't hurt to go back to physio though, as I've heard you don't feel the full extent of the damage until days later.

You're paying a monthly premium for this exact reason, you don't need to second guess yourself when it comes to your health.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Don’t quote me on this but if your worried about resale value of car since it’s in accident there something called “diminished value claim” you have to mention it here’s a reddit post explaining it

Aurora_Usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Don't get in the car with the drinker. Everyone's drinking, guy seems OK even though he's had a few... just don't. If you watched the drinker the entire time and he's 190 pounds and had three beers during the three-hour football game, you're fine. But if you don't know, don't get in. If you're a teenager and the drinker's a teenager, don't get in the car. Please. Tailor your speed to the conditions. Statistics keepers often cite speed when the real culprit is inattention. (It's an unsafe speed to rear-end another vehicle stopped at a light; the safe speed is zero behind a stopped car.) Speeding's a serious problem in residential areas or in rainy or dark conditions. If you're driving from Reno to Utah, a safe speed is probably very high. Cross the street carefully. Pedestrians and bicyclists get killed. It's sometimes not their fault, but they end up dead, anyway. If you're a bicyclist in an area where motorists drive badly, don't bike there. Don't let the fatigued family member drive. We've had a few where the family is on a long haul and they're rotating people. Someone falls asleep at the wheel. Don't take the wheel if you're too tired. Don't give the reins to someone who is too tired to drive. If you can't afford a motel, find a place to pull over and nap. Report very bad driving and get the lawyer. You've got a cell phone; when you see a car lurching off onto the exit ramp, weaving away, call the cops or to https://www.wesettle.com/. Help take dangerous drivers off the road.
Sponsored