OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
It’s the Type R wheel. Installed it myself.

Did your steering wheel come like that or did you have to order it? Sounds like a stupid question. Sorry haha

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Type r wheel I got from hondapartsnetwork and the si emblem I got on eBay. It’s a vinyl sticker.

Nice!! How were you able to get the SI emblem on it? And what website did you purchase it on?

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
These look sick!

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took me a couple hours. The hardest part for me and definitely the longest was switching over the plastic and the controls on the original wheel to the type r wheel. Want to be careful not to scratch or break anything so I took my time. Getting the wheel back and centered correctly can take a couple tries as well. I used this video

How was the install? Any recommended how to videos?

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My butt has been hurting on the longer trips with the cloth seats. I may end up doing this as well at some point.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I do whatever I can to avoid leather seats in my cars and you crazy kids are putting them in after the fact. :)

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I do whatever I can to avoid leather seats in my cars and you crazy kids are putting them in after the fact. :)
Personal preferences.
I would definitely put these leather seats once these stock seats show some wear and tear.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Would leather seats help?
Katzkin offers liquicell inserts that are supposed to make the seats more comfy and fight fatigue. I don't know how well they work but I would add them.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
This looks really nice! Great job diving into it. How long did it take? Do you have a 2nd car in the meantime? I didn't really care about cloth vs. leather but this looks too nice. I'll have to look that joint up in Ohio... Did you pull the seats out yourself? I assume they take your seats and cover them, they aren't different seats right?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used my wife's car. Shop had car for thursday morning and I picked it up Friday afternoon. I just dropped it off and they did all the work. They take the cloth off your existing seats and put the leather back on. I would do it all over again every time. Its a fantastic mod.

This looks really nice! Great job diving into it. How long did it take? Do you have a 2nd car in the meantime? I didn't really care about cloth vs. leather but this looks too nice. I'll have to look that joint up in Ohio... Did you pull the seats out yourself? I assume they take your seats and cover them, they aren't different seats right?
Sponsored