First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I leased the car Oct 20th and now looking at the numbers i think i overpayed for it. Can someone pleasse review it? and plus they didnt put my added accessories on the paper which is illuminated door sill, Highwall floor mats & door edge film. The only accessories on the papers is the anti theft and the service package. Is it correct? Il confused. Please help.

Honda Civic 10th gen Got my 2018 civic hatchback sport touring 910FCC92-DC31-4BAB-A554-78FFDD92DC90
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alkimist

Alkimist

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes its my first leased. I put a down coz i know for sure im going to keep the car after lease end. Before i went to the dealer i was already pre-approved from my credit union with 1.9% apr. i thought if i lease the car it would be much lesser of a payment monthly. I think what made my purchase expensive are the accessories which cost $1,096 intsalled. Plus $1,090 anti theft and maintenance of $535.

teg09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport touring manual
Country flag
Just saw your post. If your listed price for the sport touring all in without any dealer extras shown on the invoice was 32k roughly, to me it seems slightly high. I live in Canada and currently have a 2018 civic sport touring on hold. It’s white, manual, and has all the Honda sensing features the CVT model has as well. I also asked for the full Honda mats, rear cargo mat, lifetime oil changes $500 value, and lug nuts and such thrown in. My all in quoted price was 32k and that’s considering our currency is weaker than yours. To me I feel you should have been closer to maybe 28k as isn’t the type R there starting at 35k? Regardless great purchase and hope you end up keeping it. I can’t wait til mine finally lands and I get to bring it home.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
I got my 2017 Hatchback Sports manual last Feb 2017 for $240/mo (36 months). Sign and drive.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I leased the car Oct 20th and now looking at the numbers i think i overpayed for it. Can someone pleasse review it? and plus they didnt put my added accessories on the paper which is illuminated door sill, Highwall floor mats & door edge film. The only accessories on the papers is the anti theft and the service package. Is it correct? Il confused. Please help.

910FCC92-DC31-4BAB-A554-78FFDD92DC90.jpeg
You are getting ripped off, you could actually buy it at that price and monthly payment.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

910FCC92-DC31-4BAB-A554-78FFDD92DC90.jpeg
Wow 424.00 48 months with 5k down. Yeah you got headcracked

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just saw this post. That reads like a lease but the payments are for buying the car .I put 3000 down and pay 250 a month for 36months for my 2017 Civic sport touring. I also got this car in February of 2017 when it was still brand new.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just saw this post. That reads like a lease but the payments are for buying the car .I put 3000 down and pay 250 a month for 36months for my 2017 Civic sport touring. I also got this car in February of 2017 when it was still brand new.
I'm guessing you are leasing? Because if you are buying the math doesn't add up.

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Congrats..

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah you got raped. Imagine the monthly without the 5k down. You are basically making. A $530 payment each month.

That’s over 25k over the length of your lease for a 28k car and you will have to spend 14k more to buy it at the end.

My Si lease was a sign and drive and if you add my payments and the residual it equals right around the cost of the car.

Wow they even charged you for your first month I’ve never seen that.

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring
IMHO, never pay anything more than one monthly payment for a downpayment, on any lease.
Also, never show up at a dealership where they are not willing to negotiate over the phone before you set foot. Dealerships with high inventory numbers and good online ratings are usually like this, they sell many at a low margin, ie sales volumes over individual margins, ie fit active salesmen as opposed to the BMI>50 narcoleptic predators infesting hometown showrooms. If you live in the captive market boonies, it is always better to travel to the metropolis where 2-3 competing dealerships increase quality of sales and service.

Think about this, if your car gets totaled 6mos later, no one will give you that money back, they will just pay the residual value, your $5000 gone.

And never get into a lease without using the "Lease Calculator" or similar application on your phone. This means you will know the MF ie money factor and RV ie residual values before you sign.
Another piece of advice, if this were a VW Gold or a Volvo, leasing would be the only way, but with a Honda? The residual values and reliability are high, buying with a low APR through a CU makes a lot more sense IMHO. Selling a car with a loan is not that difficult.

https://www.thebalance.com/sell-a-car-with-a-loan-3150

OP don't worry, it is just money, enjoy your car, it is a terrific choice you will not regret. Congratulations!

Last edited:

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in central Florida, I got my sport touring hatch last month. Out the door price 28550, I bought it in cash

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX
Country flag
Just saw your post. If your listed price for the sport touring all in without any dealer extras shown on the invoice was 32k roughly, to me it seems slightly high. I live in Canada and currently have a 2018 civic sport touring on hold. It’s white, manual, and has all the Honda sensing features the CVT model has as well. I also asked for the full Honda mats, rear cargo mat, lifetime oil changes $500 value, and lug nuts and such thrown in. My all in quoted price was 32k and that’s considering our currency is weaker than yours. To me I feel you should have been closer to maybe 28k as isn’t the type R there starting at 35k? Regardless great purchase and hope you end up keeping it. I can’t wait til mine finally lands and I get to bring it home.
i know this post is old, but i'm curious does that canadian manual sport touring have push start like the automatics ?

teg09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport touring manual
Country flag
i know this post is old, but i'm curious does that canadian manual sport touring have push start like the automatics ?

Yes the Canadian sport touring has push start on the manual, adaptive cruise control, lane departure, forward collision warning, etc. Basically that and more
Sponsored