Got a scratch on my new car. Need to figure out what it is.

YellowTypeR

First Name
YellowTypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 civic
Country flag
So i got it scratch with the lower plastic piece of the bumper got detached.
What is this scratch came from the black lower plastic part don't have the kind of scrarch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Got a scratch on my new car. Need to figure out what it is. 20190919_134443
Sponsored

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So i got it scratch with the lower plastic piece of the bumper got detached.
What is this scratch came from the black lower plastic part don't have the kind of scrarch.

20190919_134443.jpg
Are you asking us to tell you where the scratch came from...?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, it's impossible to know for sure what happened. If you don't remember parking and impacting a curb, then the bumper scrape might have been caused by road debris hitting it at speed.

Truthfully, silverblip's answer with the crystal ball was accurate. :)

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry about the scuff, but it's impossible for any of us to tell you what did it or how exactly it happened.

There are scenarios where the body work of another vehicle would be high enough off the ground to miss contacting the shiny black front bumper lip, but still come in contact with the white part of the bumper. (think grocery cart ... or a Honda Civic without a front spoiler/lip ... the options are endless)

The paint damage appears (to me) to be from a relatively low speed rub with moderate pressure ... where there was enough friction to "pull" and wrinkle the paint, rather than a scratch from high speed debris.

Chalk it up as a part of life, and enjoy the car.

I'm sure your mom fussed over your first scratch, and you survived.
The car will be fine.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Every new car I get, I let my wife drive it first. That way I get the first scratch over with immediately and I know exactly who did it .
Absolutely this. My wife is oblivious to putting things on the roof of my Type R that could scratch the paint.

Her recent endeavor was putting her purse that has metal studs on the bottom on the hood.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Absolutely this. My wife is oblivious to putting things on the roof of my Type R that could scratch the paint.

Her recent endeavor was putting her purse that has metal studs on the bottom on the hood.
Sell her and get a new one. Russia has mail order brides.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag

im sure that went over well.my wife thinks im a gentleman because i open car doors for her.i just dont like the little scratches her nails leave under the door handle...
Sponsored