typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
i have it recorded on my dashcam. i was so quiet when i was pulled over. the cop was being a dickhead. he said i could had killed myself.
You haven't seen dickhead yet.

My best friend, at the time, got pulled over doing 120+ about 10 years ago.

They treated him like he stole the car. They threw him in the ditch, handcuffed him, and roughed him up a bit. Then took him to jail. He was pretty beat up looking after the incident. His car was impounded and he had to find a way home from a town 2 hours away from where he lived.

In the end, we all agreed that, while it sucked, he deserved it for being a dumbass.
Sponsored

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He scolded you and showed concern for you and your behavior?..... THE NERVE OF THAT GUY!
The cop was a dickhead because he told you the truth that you could have killed yourself? Going 93 in a 55? Because you know, if you're in an accident going that fast, you can kill yourself and at the very least seriously injure yourself? Yeah, I don't know about that one.
You haven't seen dickhead yet.

Wow. You guys are harsh. Way to beat him when he is down.

He's 17 years old, this cop could have easily been a dickhead. I'm not saying that what he said was wrong, just that thought process of "dumbass kid" could have swayed this cops demeanor. None of us were there and none of us have a clue what the cop was a dickhead about.

Maybe you guys could have some compassion for how this guy feels. He's already worried about the law, his parents and god knows what else.

Edit: I'm sure no one else has ever thought some one was a "dickhead" when they got busted by said dickhead for doing something wrong. No that never happens.

htran1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback

He's 17 years old, this cop could have easily been a dickhead. I'm not saying that what he said was wrong, just that thought process of "dumbass kid" could have swayed this cops demeanor. None of us were there and none of us have a clue what the cop was a dickhead about.

Maybe you guys could have some compassion for how this guy feels. He's already worried about the law, his parents and god knows what else.

Edit: I'm sure no one else has ever thought some one was a "dickhead" when they got busted by said dickhead for doing something wrong. No that never happens.
I could see where you're coming from but it's not like he was going 65 in a 55. Or even 75 in a 55. He got clocked going 93 in a 55, that's not an accident or a lapse in judgement. He knew exactly what he was doing. I'm not very sympathetic to that

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could see where you're coming from but it's not like he was going 65 in a 55. Or even 75 in a 55. He got clocked going 93 in a 55, that's not an accident or a lapse in judgement. He knew exactly what he was doing. I'm not very sympathetic to that
I was NOT saying anything about being sympathetic about for what he got caught doing. I was referring to his opinion that the cop was a dickhead. All my quotes were reflective of those responses.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag

Not sure how I was being harsh.

I suppose if you take one statement out of context, you can make that assertion, but whatever. If you want to make straw man arguments go ahead.

As far as cops being dickheads, yeah some are. I've run into good ones and bad ones, and I've met my fair share. Good ones get respect, bad ones get reported, I move on.

A cop warning him that he put his life and others in danger, doesn't come close to qualifying as being a dickhead. Honestly sounds more like the cop was trying to give him some good life advice.

I've personally been manhandled and abused by cops when I was his age. Was I doing stupid shit? Yes. Should I have been arrested? Sometimes it was questionable, sometimes, yes. Should I have ever been abused by a cop? Never. I've never once gotten physical with or threatened a cop.

There's your context for what a dickhead cop is.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
he said i could had killed myself
Ok? You *could* have. More importantly... in playing around with your car... trying to find the top of 4th (that's got to be north of 100), you could have done something to kill someone else on the road who's only fault was driving while you were driving at a high rate of speed on a public road. Fact. A lot of us, myself included have done similar things when we were dumbass kids, just like you. You got caught. I don't have intention of promoting or glorifying any of the illegal acts I did as a kid, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I didn't speed. I had risk mitigators which, in my mind, limited to risk to me and me alone. I won't say anything further on that subject.

the cop was being a dickhead.
Did you ever think that maybe that dickhead cop actually cared whether or not you killed yourself or someone else. He could have just handed you a ticket or tickets(s) and said have a nice day. Instead, he took the time to give you an ass chewing, which you rightfully deserve. Perhaps he did this in the hopes if would make an impression on you... beyond a whiny entitled BS attitude. I'll say this... you go in a court room, lawyer or not in tow, and a judge sees a drop of sass or entitlement out of you or your defense is, 'but the cop was being *mean* to me!' and nothing but humility... he will flatten you. If you can't take someone giving you shit when you do something wrong, feel free to hide in your bedroom for the rest of your life. This world will eat you alive.

Should i tell my parents about my tickets
You didn't even want to tell them! Again... maybe that cop was trying to 'dad' you a little. Seems like you want to hide problems from, who should be, the #1 people you have in this world. That's messed up.

My mom did say if i ever get a ticket i would lose my car
If *I* was your dad... I would go to court with you, and tell the judge he had taken the car and had a summer filled with community service and you would get the car back after the summer/graduation/you turn 18/never, it was sold to prove the point... something. You went and did something against the law and got caught. Now your old man is going to have to see someone *else* discipline his own boy.

HOW EMBARRASSING/DISAPPOINTING FOR HIM!!!!!

If I were him, I'd try to take control of the situation and come down on you so that maybe the judge would effectively dismiss it, since he figured you'd learned your lesson.

Given your initial thoughts of hiding it from your parents... your reaction to an authority figure being mean to you when you did something wrong, amongst other things... sounds like you still have lessons to learn from this.

I was sympathetic to your situation in this, until your response. Now I think you're a dumbass kid that got in trouble, wanted to hide it, who's concerns are selfish and now doesn't want to pay the Piper.

Good luck. My old man would have wrecked me in order to regain control of his lawbreaking still-minor child in the eyes of a judge. He would have loved me enough to make me hate life for a time. I got two tickets in my life, though none were on the level of yours, one while I was still 17. My old man was... not happy, and I had to make up for it, and that was a 72 in a 55 that got turned to a failure to comply to a traffic control device, for the benefit of it being a careless and not reckless. Cop was a nice guy. Said I was being stupid and to cut that shit out. I said, 'Yes sir. Thank you sir. Have a nice day sir.'

~1 year later when I totaled that car from rear ending someone... I was *only* driving the speed limit when I had gotten in the habit of speeding. Still messed it up, but it would have been worse if I had been doing the 55-60 I had been doing on that stretch of road vice the posted 45 limit. My dumbass self was busy messing with the radio and not watching to see the GMC Yukon panic braking when a bunch of limbs fell off a truck in front of him. Thus died my first 300zx.

That was a drop in the bucket compared the boulders life has thrown at me. Some I've ducked, others are unavoidable. I'd change places with you in a heartbeat and take whats coming to you to have my old man still be alive. This is a bump on the road to life, and you caused it yourself. Suck it up buttercup and take what's coming to you. You earned it. I don't think you need anymore sympathy.

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did stupid stuff when I was that age,yes, but nothing that could have killed anyone else. I had a true accident that totaled my moms car when I was 16, had nothing to do with speeding, I was just somewhere I shouldn't have been and lost control of the car on a lower canal bank. It was enough to scare me to the point of having enough sense to handle a car responsibly from then on.
I'm sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for anyone who gets caught breaking a law that could have killed someone.
As for his dad being embarrased, may be he shouldn't have been driving with lack of experience,alone with a car that could even cause him to think about the stunt he pulled.
Maybe his family did teach him better and he just didn't listen, I'm not sure ,but it's not an accident if it could have been avoided by using your head in my opinion. A mistake yes,accident not so much.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
To all the people acting like he killed someone, seriously? He's a goddamn 17 year old. Cut him some slack, you all act like you weren't there once. Yes he could've hurt someone, but he didn't. It wasn't an accident yes, that part is true, but it was a mistake. Mistakes are learning experiences. We were all young gearheads and enthusiasts once.

Not sure if this was a straight line pull or not, or if he was switching lanes. If you were switching lanes....don't ever do that again. Everyone on the road is looking at you being like "What a ****".
Not saying cool.

To the OP. We all make stupid mistakes. I've had about 5 tickets + points and i'm still in my twenties. I did a lot of stupid stuff when I got my license. I've had tickets for blowing stop signs, speeding, reckless driving, etc.

Thankfully I now have a clean driving record as Pennsylvania, while part of the drivers license compact, does not share information on minor offenses nor do they share points. Only share serious offenses like DUI, Racing, Fleeing police, driving with suspended, etc. So in Missouri my insurance is super cheap again, and as an adult i've learned my lessons. :thumbsup:

The younger I was, the more likely the cop to be an asshole and try to put the fear of god into me. Which honestly never taught me a lesson, just made me not like the police/the man. I was doing 15 over one time and a cop kept me on the side of the road for 2 and a half hours in PA. Brought out this old crappy digital camera and was showing me pictures from An accident he just came from.

I've also had really chill cops. Got pulled over 5 years ago in Delaware on the way to a car show. 105 in a 55. After a 15 minute exchange with barely any words spoken, he gave me 70 in a 55 with a ticket cost of 85 dollars.

Ever since I hit 21+ cops have been nothing but pleasant as long as I've been real with them and respectful.

I would not plead guilty to anything though. If this was your first offense it sounds like the cop was not chill about it at all, even if you were respectful like you said. He could've just hit you with speeding but instead hit you with improper lane usage and following too close too. I'd say he was trying to make an example of you. Probably didn't help you're 17 and driving a brand new whip as compared to most of us when we were your age driving cars much older.

That being said....I understand where others are coming from. You can't say this isn't your fault. Suck it up, fight it, learn from it and move on. Keep your spirited drives to lower speeds from now on, and on roads where you're not putting others in danger.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I did a TON of stupid stuff well through my 20's. Very fortunate to have rarely been caught, and mostly let off with warnings. However still managed to nearly lose my license and at one point was paying for high risk insurance to the tune of over $4000 per year for liability insurance. Then, young, single, disposable income, few responsibilities, naive, overconfident, dumb. Now, old (40), married with kids, more income but plenty more bills, a metric shit ton of responsibilities, school of hard knocks imbued wisdom, cautious, wise. Have lost quite a few friends and family members to auto accident related deaths. Give yourself a couple decades, and you'll likely have a similar viewpoint.

Be careful out there OP. Sign up for SCCA events or bring your car to a track for shenanigans.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I did a TON of stupid stuff well through my 20's. Very fortunate to have rarely been caught, and mostly let off with warnings. However still managed to nearly lose my license and at one point was paying for high risk insurance to the tune of over $4000 per year for liability insurance. Then, young, single, disposable income, few responsibilities, naive, overconfident, dumb. Now, old (40), married with kids, more income but plenty more bills, a metric shit ton of responsibilities, school of hard knocks imbued wisdom, cautious, wise. Have lost quite a few friends and family members to auto accident related deaths. Give yourself a couple decades, and you'll likely have a similar viewpoint.

Be careful out there OP. Sign up for SCCA events or bring your car to a track for shenanigans.
I second this SCCA is a great way to have fun. Get yourself a good helmet, might be a little expensive (to the tune of the tickets you just got about) but you'll have fun and meet great people.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To all the people acting like he killed someone, seriously? He's a goddamn 17 year old. Cut him some slack, you all act like you weren't there once. Yes he could've hurt someone, but he didn't. It wasn't an accident yes, that part is true, but it was a mistake. Mistakes are learning experiences. We were all young gearheads and enthusiasts once.

Not sure if this was a straight line pull or not, or if he was switching lanes. If you were switching lanes....don't ever do that again. Everyone on the road is looking at you being like "What a ****".
Not saying cool.

To the OP. We all make stupid mistakes. I've had about 5 tickets + points and i'm still in my twenties. I did a lot of stupid stuff when I got my license. I've had tickets for blowing stop signs, speeding, reckless driving, etc.

Thankfully I now have a clean driving record as Pennsylvania, while part of the drivers license compact, does not share information on minor offenses nor do they share points. Only share serious offenses like DUI, Racing, Fleeing police, driving with suspended, etc. So in Missouri my insurance is super cheap again, and as an adult i've learned my lessons. :thumbsup:

The younger I was, the more likely the cop to be an asshole and try to put the fear of god into me. Which honestly never taught me a lesson, just made me not like the police/the man. I was doing 15 over one time and a cop kept me on the side of the road for 2 and a half hours in PA. Brought out this old crappy digital camera and was showing me pictures from An accident he just came from.

I've also had really chill cops. Got pulled over 5 years ago in Delaware on the way to a car show. 105 in a 55. After a 15 minute exchange with barely any words spoken, he gave me 70 in a 55 with a ticket cost of 85 dollars.

Ever since I hit 21+ cops have been nothing but pleasant as long as I've been real with them and respectful.

I would not plead guilty to anything though. If this was your first offense it sounds like the cop was not chill about it at all, even if you were respectful like you said. He could've just hit you with speeding but instead hit you with improper lane usage and following too close too. I'd say he was trying to make an example of you. Probably didn't help you're 17 and driving a brand new whip as compared to most of us when we were your age driving cars much older.

That being said....I understand where others are coming from. You can't say this isn't your fault. Suck it up, fight it, learn from it and move on. Keep your spirited drives to lower speeds from now on, and on roads where you're not putting others in danger.
This is what I was saying. Yes he did something wrong, stupid, dangerous, etc. Not denying that, not looking for sympathy for him.

No one but OP knows what the officer said. Cut him some slack about calling the cop a dickhead. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WAS SAID OR WHAT HAPPENED.

Not sure how I was being harsh.

I suppose if you take one statement out of context, you can make that assertion, but whatever. If you want to make straw man arguments go ahead.

As far as cops being dickheads, yeah some are. I've run into good ones and bad ones, and I've met my fair share. Good ones get respect, bad ones get reported, I move on.

A cop warning him that he put his life and others in danger, doesn't come close to qualifying as being a dickhead. Honestly sounds more like the cop was trying to give him some good life advice.

I've personally been manhandled and abused by cops when I was his age. Was I doing stupid shit? Yes. Should I have been arrested? Sometimes it was questionable, sometimes, yes. Should I have ever been abused by a cop? Never. I've never once gotten physical with or threatened a cop.

There's your context for what a dickhead cop is.
I'm sorry that you has to deal with that. As far as being harsh, I just seen yours combined with others post and took it that way. My apologies.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
come on lets see that video already i wanna see what its like to do 93 in a civic.
Sponsored