First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
buy another domelight cover.. drill some holes in it and use it as a mount when needed. those covers are cheap, get it off a base civic
Instead of drilling holes, you can use the GoPro's sticky mount and swap out the dome-light cover when not in use. Or just leave it permanently because how often do we use that dome light?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice, I almost think you could make your own mount like the one linked...go to home depot and make something.

I have a Yi4K...pretty much the same but better and cheaper :D, but anyway I've mounted mine outside the car on the rear window. It was cool for showing how the exhaust sounds outside...but worries me lol. I've also mounted it just in front of me with the sticky mount above the dash. And lastly I've used the suction to mount it on the driver door (this wasn't that great, gave too many vibrations on the door's window).

KeepItLow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I've being looking for options too for this, would like to record some videos when I take the Type R to track..

My previous car had Recaro Sportster CS which I could use suction cup on the flat plastic spots behind the headrest section, but with the Type R the area is too small and not flat enough ;)

scarittagle

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8 / Audi S5 Sportback
Country flag
huh

That would block my 4 point harness, pass.

Instead, I got an inspiration from a German. Less cost and very effective.

Buy a Monopod and mount your GoPro on the middle of the pod and extends it until both ends reach the roof and the floor, physics will do its work.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving this topic as I'm doing a Track Attack next weekend and I would like to film it. There are lots of suction cup options, but the track rules for "more advanced" track days require "Video cameras must be mounted securely (no elastic straps) and utilize a separate non-elastic safety strap mounted to a secure anchor point"

Is anyone using something that fits that bill? I'd like to only buy one mount.

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
does anybody has a picture of their setup? Gopro mounting in CTR

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
Yes sir.

yeah or the roof. So many options really.

Very true. I wanted to see pics on how people got it setup just like the person that posted with a cage. Cool to see what people are doing
Sponsored