First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else have any issues lately with Google maps not connecting, or saying waiting for location for a long period of time lately?
I'm getting this a lot lately, or can't connect to Google at all.
I've got a new phone, new updated versions of all this and a new carrier, so I'm not sure where the issue may be, but it didn't all start as soon as I switched everything , so that isn't a given.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Anyone else have any issues lately with Google maps not connecting, or saying waiting for location for a long period of time lately?
I'm getting this a lot lately, or can't connect to Google at all.
I've got a new phone, new updated versions of all this and a new carrier, so I'm not sure where the issue may be, but it didn't all start as soon as I switched everything , so that isn't a given.
Did you restart the headunit by holding the power button down?

ipkonfig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
I experienced this a couple of days back. It has started raining heavily over here; so I thought GPS was acting up due to the thick clouds.. Just to be on the safe side, I cleared Google Maps cache too.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Google maps for me has been working just fine on a s9+.

What kind of phone did you get?
It's a Motorola G7, it's not only maps, but if I want to searchor have my Google assistant do something, it won't connect either at times.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It's a Motorola G7, it's not only maps, but if I want to searchor have my Google assistant do something, it won't connect either at times.
Ugh.... perhaps factory reset.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, did the un and reinstall, wife just now tells me she has had the same issues . Ugh.
So it's gotta be on Google's end.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Strange, I run into an issue where Waze will stop updating it's location, but only when used through AA. Each time I switch to Gmaps and use that for weeks before checking to see if Waze is working again. Eventually Waze works again. It's happened to me twice in the last 2 years (the second time, is right now). I haven't felt like uninstalling and reinstalling since I have a Pixel 4 XL on the way. My wife and kids are all IOS based, the kids are too young to drive. The wife works a few miles from home so she doesn't need GPS.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange, I run into an issue where Waze will stop updating it's location, but only when used through AA. Each time I switch to Gmaps and use that for weeks before checking to see if Waze is working again. Eventually Waze works again. It's happened to me twice in the last 2 years (the second time, is right now). I haven't felt like uninstalling and reinstalling since I have a Pixel 4 XL on the way. My wife and kids are all IOS based, the kids are too young to drive. The wife works a few miles from home so she doesn't need GPS.
You know, I've also had a few issues with the google play store on both our phones also, apps won't update sometimes, the auto update feature refuses to work, and we keep getting updates for versions that are already installed. I've been on the phone with them several times and they haven't fixed it.
I guess since maps is cc a Google feature or part of it, all these issues are probably tied together.
So I guess I can narrow to either my new carrier, which uses at&t, or issues on Google's end.
I just hate it when stuff doesn't work right,lol

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel your pain. I used to be single, free time galore. Could read through hundreds of pages of threads on XDA forums and sort things out, actually experiment and modify stuff. In retrospect, it was fun at the time but mostly for the experience as not much of it carries forward into what I do personally and professionally now. Major shift in priorities being married with children.

In any case, if you can spare the time, try searching and posting on XDA forums.
Sponsored