Good price for EX-L w/ Honda Sensing?

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking to buy a 2016 Civic EX-T with Honda Sensing but my local dealer told me that they didn't have any in stock. The dealer instead quoted me 23,600 for a EX-L w/ Honda Sensing (Which seemed like a good price). Is this a good price? Considering that everything is added, the dealer OTD price comes out to 26,200 which seems a bit high to me. Sales tax is 9% and even at that, OTD price should come out to 25,724. The dealer tells me that they started with the quoted price and multiplied it by 1.11. Where did the extra 2 percent come from?

I live in the Bay Area so prices may vary.
Sponsored

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
it's really close to the end of the month. You should be able to get 24k OTD for EXL w/honda sensing. ex-l is not as popular compared to the ex and ex-t, so they have those left ready to get rid of. play your cards right.

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's really close to the end of the month. You should be able to get 24k OTD for EXL w/honda sensing. ex-l is not as popular compared to the ex and ex-t, so they have those left ready to get rid of. play your cards right.
My local dealer seemed very stiff on the OTD price of 26,000. 24K OTD for an EX-L w/ Honda Sensing seems a bit far fetched. I was aiming more for 25K OTD. Do you have a 2016 Civic? If you don't mind sharing, How much did you pay for it and what trim level?

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
My local dealer seemed very stiff on the OTD price of 26,000. 24K OTD for an EX-L w/ Honda Sensing seems a bit far fetched. I was aiming more for 25K OTD. Do you have a 2016 Civic? If you don't mind sharing, How much did you pay for it and what trim level?
Will I say you shoot for 24k, but expect the seller to push up and land on 25k OTD which is what you wanted right? I don't have a car, but I've done a lot of research and forum searching since I've been needing one since December. I based the 24k OTD price off of the price I am dealing with a honda dealer for an EX model. In January, I wanted to buy a honda civic ex with no honda sensing for 20k OTD (and I live in Cali). The guy said 21k, but I said no unless he threw in honda sensing. He wouldn't, so I told him to call me when the time came and he was willing to make the deal. This monday he contacted me ready to make the deal. I have till I believe the end of this month to make my final decision because the seller wants to meet the end of the month quote which I know other sellers will have to meet as well. So the EX-L is about 2k more than the Ex (in terms of MSRP) making 22k OTD possible for an ex-l based on the 20k OTD for an EX. With sensing that's another 1k, so total of 23k OTD. I would have shot for 23k OTD and I might actually do that because I feel like if they lose any money, they are loosing the same amount no matter if I buy the ex or ex-l and it would make sense that they would like to sell the ex-l since that trim is not as popular compared to the EX and Ex-t. And noticed that I said shoot for 24k, because 1k more would be a bit more generous to the seller. And then you want to get it at 25k OTD which at that point should be a win win for both of you guys. whether they are firm, is irreverent. 25k is a very fair price. They are just pushing 26k because that's their job and they want to make easy money.

jennagirl16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ex-l
Definitely do a little more shopping before you buy! I was quoted 21,871 for an ex-l (no sensing) and then took that to a few dealers to see who could beat it. I ended up at a little over 21k for the ex-l. Shop around and don't be afraid to haggle with the dealers. Good luck to you!

mrcharlesho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sienna Limited, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Check out my post:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/what-did-you-pay.617/page-93#post-56780

I don't have an EX-L with sensing, but I did get a 2016 Civic EX-L for $20,972.

Considering Sensing is roughly a $1k premium, you can do much better than $23,600.

I also live in California (although my taxes are 8%) and I paid under $24k OTD. Feel free to use my sales contract as leverage.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
I was looking to buy a 2016 Civic EX-T with Honda Sensing but my local dealer told me that they didn't have any in stock. The dealer instead quoted me 23,600 for a EX-L w/ Honda Sensing (Which seemed like a good price). Is this a good price? Considering that everything is added, the dealer OTD price comes out to 26,200 which seems a bit high to me. Sales tax is 9% and even at that, OTD price should come out to 25,724. The dealer tells me that they started with the quoted price and multiplied it by 1.11. Where did the extra 2 percent come from?

I live in the Bay Area so prices may vary.
That's close to my quote price for a touring at Stockton Honda. Message me for info, that's why o skipped the exl to touring
Sponsored