Good lowbeam replacements for the EX-L and below civics?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'm looking into replacing the headlights of my civic EX from the yellow halogens to something like an HID bulb for the low beam projectors, and I want it to match the color of the DRL's as well. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and what people recommend as a good buy for something like this. Let me know , anything helps!

James
Sponsored

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just ordered a set of Xtreme Pro LED’s from Xenondepot.com to replace my low beams and fogs (high beams still to come). They are currently running a 20% off sale, so I would check them out!

@ttorres1183 has a great install and review video for reference.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Hey, I have replaced my lows, highs, and fogs with these. And I couldn't have asked for better results or easier install although they are a bit pricey for led's.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a before and after of the high beams.

20180224_175109.jpg

20180224_181524.jpg
[/QUOTE
Appreciate the response, that looks really good! Definitely will consider getting those and it looks like it matches the color of the DRL pretty well too.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I just ordered a set of Xtreme Pro LED’s from Xenondepot.com to replace my low beams and fogs (high beams still to come). They are currently running a 20% off sale, so I would check them out!

@ttorres1183 has a great install and review video for reference.
Will check that out as well, thanks! Just seeing whether to go the HID route or the LED route :hmm:

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Will check that out as well, thanks! Just seeing whether to go the HID route or the LED route :hmm:
I was actually trying to decide between the Hikari Philips (mentioned above) and the Xtreme Pro kit. I’ve heard good throngs about both. Burn I ended up going with the Xtreme Pro’s because 1) they don’t have the annoying buzzing fan and 2) the Hikari’s are known for spotty quality.

As for LED’s vs HID’s, I think you’ll find tons of people to argue both ways. It just comes down to personal preference and what you are willing to pay for. I’ve had both before, and I just prefer the ease of the LED’s.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I was actually trying to decide between the Hikari Philips (mentioned above) and the Xtreme Pro kit. I’ve heard good throngs about both. Burn I ended up going with the Xtreme Pro’s because 1) they don’t have the annoying buzzing fan and 2) the Hikari’s are known for spotty quality.

As for LED’s vs HID’s, I think you’ll find tons of people to argue both ways. It just comes down to personal preference and what you are willing to pay for. I’ve had both before, and I just prefer the ease of the LED’s.

Yeah i've heard about the fans too, and at the moment i'm leaning towards to led's because like you said they are easier to install, but ill see what ends up happening. Will update if I get it installed.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I've been really pleased with them although I heard the cree chipped hikaris are not good. They seem to have spotty coverage and a weird throw.
I’m assuming you got the 9005 for the highbeems and H11’s for the lows. Do you see a noticable difference between them? Do the LED 9005’s make that big of a difference over stock halogens?
Sponsored