Glovebox door rattles

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When the weather is warm, say 70 degrees +, the door to the gove box makes a rattling noise. If I put my hand on the door it stops. So, I am thinking that the noise it is making is it rubing against the plastic that the door sits up against. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how I can fix it?
Sponsored

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
When the weather is warm, say 70 degrees +, the door to the gove box makes a rattling noise. If I put my hand on the door it stops. So, I am thinking that the noise it is making is it rubing against the plastic that the door sits up against. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how I can fix it?
I had the same problem, very easy to fix, loosen the two(2) bolts under the glove box, push on the glove box cover while re-tightening the bolts.

have a good day

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had the same problem, very easy to fix, loosen the two(2) bolts under the glove box, push on the glove box cover while re-tightening the bolts.

have a good day
Hi, I know this is an old post but are these the two bolts you're talking about?
https://imgur.com/a/xPrIsDX

Also, when you say "push on the glove box cover", do you mean the door of the glove box?

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Hi, I know this is an old post but are these the two bolts you're talking about?
https://imgur.com/a/xPrIsDX

Also, when you say "push on the glove box cover", do you mean the door of the glove box?
Yes, those two bolts, and apply pressure on the glove box cover while tightening the bolts.
It worked for me

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, those two bolts, and apply pressure on the glove box cover while tightening the bolts.
It worked for me
Awesome, I'll give it a shot this evening. Fingers crossed. It's been off and on but it took me over a year just to determine it was coming from the glove box.

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I retighted the bolts with a phillips head since I didn't have a socket wrench that could access the bolt on the right. So far no more buzz coming from the glove box. I wish I would have found this thread a long time ago!