BroccoliPR

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
My new Type R 2019 Sonic Gray arrives next week. I have come here to ask your opinion about what mods I should make. At the moment I have in mind PRL Intercooler, Tial BOV (I like the sound) and AFE Intake. I also ask them if for the installation of the bov I need an adapter or something else. I'm going to have some error code when I install it? I heard the lights on the panel. Feel free to give your opinions and recommend good parts. My budget for modifications is around $ 5k.

I thank you very much for your time.
Greetings from Puerto Rico.
Sponsored

Last edited:

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My new Type R 2019 Sonic Gray arrives next week. I have come here to ask your opinion about what mods I should make. At the moment I have in mind PRL Intercooler, Tial BOV (I like the sound) and AFE Intake. I also ask them if for the installation of the bov I need an adapter or something else. I'm going to have some error code when I install it? I heard the lights on the panel. Feel free to give your opinions and recommend good parts. My budget for modifications is around $ 5k.

I thank you very much for your time.
Greetings from Puerto Rico.
I would recommend getting a tuner via hondata or ktuner you will get the most bang for your buck and it’s not crazy expensive.

OP
OP

BroccoliPR

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I would recommend getting a tuner via hondata or ktuner you will get the most bang for your buck and it’s not crazy expensive.

Which is better Hondata or Ktuner? For a user with little knowledge

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have hondata on mine and I’m pretty tech savvy and can pick up things pretty fast but from what I have read prolly the ktuner is more user friendly. I’m not sure how the base maps for ktuner are but hondata has added a lot of base maps to their list. I prefer the way hondata has theirs laid out in the end though they do the same thing just a different way it is all personal preference.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
But just from the tuner (whichever you use) will give you about a 50-60 whp gain maybe more.

OP
OP

BroccoliPR

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I have hondata on mine and I’m pretty tech savvy and can pick up things pretty fast but from what I have read prolly the ktuner is more user friendly. I’m not sure how the base maps for ktuner are but hondata has added a lot of base maps to their list. I prefer the way hondata has theirs laid out in the end though they do the same thing just a different way it is all personal preference.
Thank you my friend!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both Ktuner and Hondata on a non-Type R and both are good products. The power added to cost ratio is amazing. To me, the big difference is customer service. Right now, Ktuner wins hands down if you run into problems and need help.

OP
OP

BroccoliPR

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I've had both Ktuner and Hondata on a non-Type R and both are good products. The power added to cost ratio is amazing. To me, the big difference is customer service. Right now, Ktuner wins hands down if you run into problems and need help.
both bring lcd display?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Only the Ktuner V2 has the 5" touchscreen. The others are just small dongles.

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
Any other mods needed or recommend to run either? Downpipe, intercooler, etc? I guess my issue would be unnecessary mods and not being able to get the power to the ground.

ROCKGT

First Name
ROQUE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VIPER, ZR1, FGT, 4C, GT500
Country flag
My suggestions for a perfect Type R
Ktuner V2... Awesome (specially if connected to the head unit via Ktunerview).
PRL Intercooler
PRL Intake System
RV6 Downpipe
TypeRLEDs interior lights...inexpensive and cool.
H&R 30mm Wheel Spacers...a most ! Don't be afraid, makes for a perfect stance. OEM wheels are beautiful, they just come "inside" the fenders.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
PRL Intercooler
PRL Intake System
RV6 Downpipe
H&R 30mm Wheel Spacers...a most ! Don't be afraid, makes for a perfect stance. OEM wheels are beautiful, they just come "inside" the fenders.
I agree tuner, intercooler intake and downpipe is a great start.
I have PRL intercooler
Mishimoto intake
Mishimoto catch can
RV6 downpipe
RV6 frontpipe
Acuity shifter upgrades (shifter linkage bushings, rocker arm, spring, and mount bushing)
I’m considering getting their new whole shifter assembly. I am really impressed with their shifter upgrades I feel that is a must I bought them last year before this shifter came out or I would have just gotten the shifter. But very impressive none the less.

OP
OP

BroccoliPR

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
PRL Intercooler
PRL Intake System
RV6 Downpipe

The wheel spacers doesn’t affect the handling?

ROCKGT

First Name
ROQUE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VIPER, ZR1, FGT, 4C, GT500
Country flag
A lot of people who have swapped wheels have stated that an offset < +60 does affect handling, but it's minor.
I don't feel any difference at all and they are a direct bolt-on (30mm) on OEM wheels.
I don't track my car, if I did, I'd probably take them off. Probably.
Sponsored