Getting ready to buy in California - where should I get extended warranty?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am going to get a new coupe next month. I don't think I should get an extended warranty through the dealer - I'd like to get it online somewhere cheaper.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok I think I'm going to get mine through Saccucci @ saccuccihondacare.com

$740 for 7 years / 80k miles. Sound good?

It'll count just as if I bought it at the dealer right?

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok I think I'm going to get mine through Saccucci @ saccuccihondacare.com

$740 for 7 years / 80k miles. Sound good?

It'll count just as if I bought it at the dealer right?
Yes, it should count no matter where you buy it from.

mooneybeams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2010 CR-V EXL
Geico Insurance has an extended warranty you can purchase with your coverage on a new car. And it's cheap.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Editing my response. Forgot this was about California warranties.

Last edited:

mooneybeams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But who is the Geico warranty actually from? I'm not interested in a third party warranty regardless of price.

I got quotes from both Hyannis and Saccucci. Hyannis is about $100 cheaper. In my case anyway (coupe).
It's through Geico. No third party. $100/yr extra on my insurance.
What is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI)?

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers many mechanical repairs to your car, protecting you from expensive repair bills. This coverage is only available for vehicles with less than 15,000 miles that have been purchased within the last 15 months. A $250 deductible per claim applies. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is similar to a dealer's extended warranty protection. It's in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers repairs to the following systems:

Engine Steering Air Conditioning
Transmission Cooling Brakes
Drive Axle Suspension Electrical

EXCLUSIONS: MBI does not include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and lining, brake shoes and tires (includes tire wear and/or tire damage). Breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, rust and oxidation, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown coverage is in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
DX, when do you plan on buying? Have you drove a 2016 yet? If you would like a test drive, I would be more than happy to meet up with you and let you drive mine + talk about some of the stuff if you would like. I live in Apple Valley, but I enjoy road trips.

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
DX, when do you plan on buying? Have you drove a 2016 yet? If you would like a test drive, I would be more than happy to meet up with you and let you drive mine + talk about some of the stuff if you would like. I live in Apple Valley, but I enjoy road trips.
Hey thanks for the offer! I'd love to if you are in the area. I'm probably going to buy next week if all things go well - test drove a Touring last week and really liked it.

mooneybeams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$250 deductible? Yikes no thanks.
I think it's worth it for an extended warranty for only $100/year and for peace of mind. I mean, really what's the likelihood of even having to use it on a Honda?
Sponsored