Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. Three, count 'em ... 3 rear spoilers will do that. :drive:

On a similar note, I get challenged more on the highway ever since I added the two stainless steel exhaust tips.
Haha, those performance chrome tips will do it every time!
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the red splitters all the way around and the OEM optioned spoiler. Makes my car stand out even more and people always comment on it being a race car. Honestly, it's all stock, aside from my smoked side markers. lol I have a few people per week launch it at stop lights and signs. They slow down and look at me like they beat me at something other than being stupid.

https://imgur.com/a/JgxH01o
Yep, your hatch looks racy for sure, looks good!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This effect is very noticeable in the Type R. Everyone wants to race you. So annoying.

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback (EX)
Country flag
Yep. Three, count 'em ... 3 rear spoilers will do that. :drive:

On a similar note, I get challenged more on the highway ever since I added the two stainless steel exhaust tips.

My White Hatchback is all Stock and the slightest I go over the speed limit I guess I attract BMW or any modded car guys to chase after me .

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My White Hatchback is all Stock and the slightest I go over the speed limit I guess I attract BMW or any modded car guys to chase after me .
I tend to think this goes back to the overall design of the Civic especially the hatchbacks that make it look "racecar" to many. I had a '16 sedan and I honestly don't remember getting challenged at redlights or highways as much. Anecdotal I know.

This effect is very noticeable in the Type R. Everyone wants to race you. So annoying.
I'm gonna admit it, but when I see a CTR, I try to catch up to them, too. But it's not to race them. It's to check one out in the wild due to the rarity in my area. But those owners seemingly don't take kindly to a lower trim Civic coming up on them and they usually tear away from me before I can get close enough to just give a thumbs up. But if I ever happen to be at a stoplight with one? Nah, no way am I gonna try to floor it to get past one cuz I know better. But this circles back to what I posted originally: the older gen Civic owners I've encountered lately are not trying to check out my car, they're outright racing me.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm gonna admit it, but when I see a CTR, I try to catch up to them, too. But it's not to race them. It's to check one out in the wild due to the rarity in my area. But those owners seemingly don't take kindly to a lower trim Civic coming up on them and they usually tear away from me before I can get close enough to just give a thumbs up.
I can't speak for all owners but I'm definitely not like this. if you were closer I'd definitely let you check it out!

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak for all owners but I'm definitely not like this. if you were closer I'd definitely let you check it out!
The fact that you say that is good enough for me. Thanks, bro! And I apologize if I made it seem like I meant ALL CTR drivers. But where I live? I know only one owner and he's totally cool. But the other 4 or 5 other CTRs are pretty much "stay away lowly Civic..." haha

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s funny it just happened today on my way to work I was sitting at a traffic light ( after the light it opens to the highway which Speed limit is 65 ) the next traffic light is 15 miles away a early Chevy colbalt pull next to me
It was a sedan with a 3” sewer pipe exhaust ( fart can) stickers steel wheels with no wheels covers and a tacked on wing I usually don’t engage but the kid at the wheel was gassing this annoying thing so it a straight highway so I said to myself what the hell as the light turn green I heard his car get louder and my civic pulled away from him quickly he gave up when he was a few car lengths behind when we was about a quarter mile down the highway

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s funny it just happened today on my way to work I was sitting at a traffic light ( after the light it opens to the highway which Speed limit is 65 ) the next traffic light is 15 miles away a early Chevy colbalt pull next to me
It was a sedan with a 3” sewer pipe exhaust ( fart can) stickers steel wheels with no wheels covers and a tacked on wing I usually don’t engage but the kid at the wheel was gassing this annoying thing so it a straight highway so I said to myself what the hell as the light turn green I heard his car get louder and my civic pulled away from him quickly he gave up when he was a few car lengths behind when we was about a quarter mile down the highway
I have a similar stretch of road here where there's a stoplight before the road opens up to a 60 mph parkway. On the rare occasion I'm sitting at the light in the front row, I'll put the gear in S and put brake hold on and wait for green. I'm not really racing anyone as I'm merely letting my Civic stretch her legs. But I do love the feeling of getting pushed into my seat and then to my surprise seeing the other cars diminish in my rear view. But once I hit 60-65, I'll ease off the go peddle. I'm boring. lol

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a similar stretch of road here where there's a stoplight before the road opens up to a 60 mph parkway. On the rare occasion I'm sitting at the light in the front row, I'll put the gear in S and put brake hold on and wait for green. I'm not really racing anyone as I'm merely letting my Civic stretch her legs. But I do love the feeling of getting pushed into my seat and then to my surprise seeing the other cars diminish in my rear view. But once I hit 60-65, I'll ease off the go peddle. I'm boring. lol
I’ll agree I’ll do the same from time to time. On this situation was the same once I hit 70 mph I let off the gas
I didn’t think that kid realized how fast my car got up to speed. He thought his noisy colbalt was fast. I just had to put him in his place :cool:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll only participate when the roads are clear enough to be safe but I haven't had a lot of engagement either, maybe just 2 or 3 others. One, a Veloster, one an 8th or 9th gen Civic, and one where I played a little but got blown away by a Cadillac ATS (I think? Coupe, tall ass end, and mean growl).
A while back ago ( maybe a year) a young girl was in a 9 th gen civic coupe red. She was trying to engage me in a race I think driving along side pretty much playing cat and mouse as we got to a light when the light changed she hit the gas and took off I was being a gentleman and letting her win

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me guess the BMWs is usually a older used and abuse and spewing blue smoke out of the tailpipe ?
Just a hunch :dunno:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why I pick my nose at stoplights.
Your bright green draws them in to look at you and then you make them regret it? That’s brilliant :lol:

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
That and a lot of people trying to show off.

Yesterday it was an ecoboost mustang with underglow...
Sponsored