With halogens?

2. silverblip

silverblip Senior Member

Machinist
    First Name:
    Dan
    Car(s):
    2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
    The 19 Si does not have fog lights that run in auto mode...

3. Drake

Drake Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda Civic Si
    If you turn your fog lights to "on" they actually won't turn on unless the low beams are on. Therefore, if you have your low beams set to "auto" the fog lights will turn on and off automatically with the rest of your lights.

RoB y4h3ll and tacthecat thanked this.
  4. arpypat

arpypat Senior Member

Electrical Engineer
    First Name:
    Arpan
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
    The 2020 Si models with LED headlights are bright. So are the new Accord LED headlights. Every new Accord I see oncoming at night looks like it has high beams on.

5. Civic18

Civic18 Member

Manager
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    Yes

6. jubatus

jubatus Displacement Replacement

Car(s):
    2020 Civic Si Sedan Pearl White, 2014 Ford Explorer SPORT, 2001 Ford Excursion, 2000 F150 SE Flare Side
    Hey all. New to the forum. All ready Intro'd my self in the intro forum. Dont take my rants to seriously PLEASE! Anyways YES. People seem to be very jealous of my 2020 LED Headlights "even on low beam" of course thats a whole other story about new headlight designs) (Cant say i blame them) I even dropped mine a hair. But OH WELL. I like to SEE the road im actually driving on. And honestly i think people are just not used to being on the same road with people who have headlights that actually work.... that and 'Hi-beam hatred" has always been about pride and you know it. Completely Disagree with "Mr Anti-LED" Id bet there is more problems caused by insufficient headlights than because of the opposite. Sufficient headlights are becoming more and more popular. (Imagine that). Also. I honestly have trained my self to stop staring at oncoming headlights and use peripheral focus to monitor the oncoming traffic as it passes me. It works. Course I may be a little bias. 2003 Honda Accord V6. June. I-17. Major Interstate (where yes running low beams is even more unnecessary). Southbound through the forest. Dark night. 80 mph. Black 1500 pound Bovine dashes out of the median. T-BONE. Didn't even touch my brakes. ERS seemed surprised I survived. Now im not just deluding my self and i am 100% positive that I would have seen it in time had I the LEDs in this Civic. Yes they are bright and for good reason.

20190605_200909.jpg

20190606_100316.jpg

20190606_100332.jpg

MaxPower thanked this.
  7. jubatus

jubatus Displacement Replacement

Car(s):
    2020 Civic Si Sedan Pearl White, 2014 Ford Explorer SPORT, 2001 Ford Excursion, 2000 F150 SE Flare Side
    But yes I do agree with Mr Anti-LED about the fog lights. They only detract from down range visibility. I notice better downrange acuity when I turn the fogs off. Not exactly but similar to dimming the dash.

8. MutatedMango

MutatedMango Senior Member

Car(s):
    '19 Civic Si FC3
    No way bro. The foglights are not the things blinding people. It's most likely the low beams on the 2020's

Drake thanked this.
  9. nickname

nickname Senior Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic Touring
    Holy cow! (pun definitely intended)

In drivers ed they teach to focus on the white line, or side of the road, opposite on-coming traffic and use your peripheral vision until vehicle has past.

aighead and Brakes88 thanked this.
  10. Brakes88

Brakes88 Senior Member

First Name:
    Aaron
    Car(s):
    2019 TYP SI
    I wish they would make drivers Education mandatory, I'm in Edmonton AB. and I feel that taking a drivers ed course in winter would be highly beneficial given our winter conditions and the height rates of accidents as soon as we get snow.

As for the headlights I have a 2019 Canadian SI with the led and the only time I've been flashed was by a civic touring with the same led headlights so I'm not sure what to think.

11. blackie X

blackie X Senior Member

First Name:
    tony
    Car(s):
    2009 civic 2017 civic si
    has been happening to me since i took my 2017 off the lot 3 yrs ago

12. waterudoing

waterudoing Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI HFP
    Safety goes both ways. It kind of cancels itself out when oncoming drivers are being blinded by your lights. I don't think I've been flashed in my 18 Si, but I've also noticed how much glare the headlights have when I pass other Civic Tourings/Si's/Type R's. Even IIHS rated the Civic LED headlights "poor." Pretty much most new cars are running LEDs, but I've only ever thought the Civics and last gen Corollas to be obnoxious.

Drake thanked this.
  13. CivicSiNJ

CivicSiNJ Member

First Name:
    Hampsen
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    Honestly does anyone known where I can buy those headlights, I like them better.

14. nickname

nickname Senior Member

Car(s):
    '16 Civic Touring
  15. Michaelagilmore

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Touring
    I get flashed all of the time. I'm sure that increased when I replaced my ugly yellow fog lights that did not match the headlights with Cree LED bulbs. Looks so much better! However, the interesting thing is I get flashed more when it is darker, meaning, after the sun is down and there is little to no moon. I never get flashed in town around city lights.