Getting attention in the Si

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Is anyone still getting attention while driving their Si? The first few months I would get thumbs up, people asking about it, had a guy in a convertible mustang take a pic while it was parked, and had people try to race me etc. Now almost 8 months later not even a glance. I wonder what changed? Is anybody still getting any attention or has the outside romance died? Maybe its just me.
Sponsored

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR-S, 21 Mk5 3.0 Supra, Lexus F-Sport
Country flag
Is anyone still getting attention while driving their Si? The first few months I would get thumbs up, people asking about it, had a guy in a convertible mustang take a pic while it was parked, and had people try to race me etc. Now almost 8 months later not even a glance. I wonder what changed? Is anybody still getting any attention or has the outside romance died? Maybe its just me.
Time for bigger turbo, wide body kit, aggressive wheels, a non functional wing, and stickers.

iamrealskinny

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta find a way to stick out now.
As if the Coupe spoiler isn't flamboyant enough.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
It's a civic that looks like all the other civics
And it was still that 8 months ago but people sure did notice then. Maybe the streets have been flooded with regular civics now that people are just numb to anything that even resembles a civic.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The Si has never really stood out in previous years either. People see the front grill & wheels and assume it's a Sport Hatch. Then get confused when they see the spoiler and HDMI exhaust.

I like that this car blends in with the others, as most are unassuming of what this platform can do. ;)

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
The romance has not died. Trust me, people still look at your Si. Here in Southern California (L.A., Orange Country), everyday I see plenty of Sedans. On any given week, I see 1 Type R, 2 - 3 Sport Hatches, or 3 - 4 regular Hatches. Maybe 1 or 2 Sis. $22k to $25+K with financing is a lot to some. One dealership here has 19 2017 SIs in stock still asking $24k to $26k.

Everyday, I get looks all the time. Lunar Silver shows off the car well day or night and I keep mine polished and spotless. Teens say, "Wow, an SI". Young adults smile and nod their head in appreciation. Over 40s stare (not sure what they think). I always get challenged by, older Sis, GTIs, Mustangs, Challengers, BMWs, trucks and taxis (really?!). And a few times, a Prius. I am going to get a license plate frame that says, "Relax, it is a track car, not a 1/4 mile one.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I never paid attention to anyone paying attention......

But there are far more flashier cars out here in SoCal...Si is just another sedan with a spoiler out here.

Last edited:

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've had my white Si 6 months, I still get a double take or two in town I keep that thing as clean as a polished trophy. It's pretty much visible for miles after I wax it and shine the rims! It just about sparkles.

RunningHot2017

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
One day I pulled over at a gas station to take a call. Suddenly this guy in a brand new Dodge Ram 2500 pulls over a distance away in front of my car. He got out and calmly walked towards my driver side. He motioned to crack the window.

I found out the guy owned a red Si with the K20 motor. He drives it on weekends.
He took time and pulled over just to ask me, a total stranger, about my car. He seemed impressed with the car! I made sure to give him a redline burnout as I left the Si has an insane amount of wheelspin with no TC.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never paid attention to anyone paying attention......

But there are a far flashier cars out here in SoCal...Si is just another sedan with a spoiler out here.
No, car enthusiasts know the Si and the importance of it's history and the present. True there are flashier cars out here, but the SI is a track car out of the box, a driver's car. Not a drag strip burner. The markings and design cues are just enough to set it apart from the other Civic models. Sorry for getting on my hobby horse, but here goes:

Learn about the Si. Know that it has some components of the Type R in it. It can stop in about 130 feet from 60 to 0 with the right tires. Can do .97 on the skidpad with the right tires. Has tech to show you Gs, braking, turbo info, shift points, etc. There are some cars 3 or 4 times the price that cannot match or have this. The Si is just .03 short on the skidpad of the Type R and my Z06 are at 1g. All for about 25 grand! So when I drive my car, I know it is something special, not just a Honda with a spoiler. Look, I own a 600hp Z06, a 465hp STS-V, both good cars. But, I love driving the Si because of the joy of driving around town knowing I can out manuver just about anything for less and save gas. Off my horse now.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had my white Si 6 months, I still get a double take or two in town I keep that thing as clean as a polished trophy. It's pretty much visible for miles after I wax it and shine the rims! It just about sparkles.
That is what I do too. Keeping a car very clean makes a real difference. People notice.

RunningHot2017

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No, car enthusiasts know the Si and the importance of it's history and the present. True there are flashier cars out here, but the SI is a track car out of the box, a driver's car. Not a drag strip burner. The markings and design cues are just enough to set it apart from the other Civic models. Sorry for getting on my hobby horse, but here goes:

Learn about the Si. Know that it has some components of the Type R in it. It can stop in about 130 feet from 60 to 0 with the right tires. Can do .97 on the skidpad with the right tires. Has tech to show you Gs, braking, turbo info, shift points, etc. There are some cars 3 or 4 times the price that cannot match or have this. The Si is just .03 short on the skidpad of the Type R and my Z06 are at 1g. All for about 25 grand! So when I drive my car, I know it is something special, not just a Honda with a spoiler. Look, I own a 600hp Z06, a 465hp STS-V, both good cars. But, I love driving the Si because of the joy of driving around town knowing I can out manuver just about anything for less and save gas. Off my horse now.
Yeah fr. There arent many daily drivers cars out there that come from the factory pulling more Gs on the skid than a brand new Mustang GT. Also with the Si you get some killer Gas mileage meaning you can drive farther than most cars. Also the Si is tunable and resilient, meaning that its possible to get impressive power outputs for half the price of cars making 300 horses in a heavier package.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

That's great, but I don't think anyone is asking whether the Si can compete or is unique, the Si is still just another Sedan on the roads of So Cal, nobody stops to take pictures, points, or ooohhhsss/aaaahhhssss. What is under the hood and performance STATS are only known to owner. Like when I see an STI, GTR, ZO6 etc. etc. I don't get all excited, they are a dime a dozen. Now a CTS-V wagon/ Volvo Polestar V60/SRT Demon/ITR.....now we are talking. But again it's personal preference.

I like that the Si is subtle and not flashy, keeps attention away from thieves and haters.
Sponsored