Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
This is a bad idea, people are going to disable this shit and turn up the airchage and window their block with spike of 470lbs of torque like that. Also just disabling it most likely wont do shit unless your up your torque tables and add more aircharge.
yeah. this is what i mean by i like but dislike that they release features like this to end users.
Great for tuners who knows what they are doing or what to look for in logs but i feel it's pretty dangerous for end users who has no idea what they are looking at. Says "warning" on it but you know people will try it.

i've limited my aircharge quite a bit so i doubt it's really going to make a difference just like you said.
I've been speaking with Derek on moving my car over to Hondata. I need to find a date that works for me to get to his shop, but we're going to retune on the Hondata platform to see what we can squeeze out of this feature. I don't have any idea of timing yet but hopefully in the coming weeks. My intention is to use the stock turbo for now (until the PRL drop in comes out, if it comes out), and see if we can hit 400whp+ while keeping torque limited to safe levels. We shall see!
sweet. i'm going to be going through an etune with him in a few weeks after i burn through this tank of gas.
Curious to hear what he thinks of the new feature.
Sponsored

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been speaking with Derek on moving my car over to Hondata. I need to find a date that works for me to get to his shop, but we're going to retune on the Hondata platform to see what we can squeeze out of this feature. I don't have any idea of timing yet but hopefully in the coming weeks. My intention is to use the stock turbo for now (until the PRL drop in comes out, if it comes out), and see if we can hit 400whp+ while keeping torque limited to safe levels. We shall see!
Interesting, i just finished a Flex Fuel Tune with him and from what he mentioned he said this feature would not benefit me and only those with higher octane fuels/bigger turbo

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Interesting, i just finished a Flex Fuel Tune with him and from what he mentioned he said this feature would not benefit me and only those with higher octane fuels/bigger turbo
Just to clarify, I don't know if Derek will be able to achieve what I'm asking for, but just based on extrapolating the data Hondata showed about their torque curve and the fact that this is a torque target based ECU, i'm hoping we can accomplish this!

Also, I do plan to go down a bigger turbo route and I've been wanting the TC feature for a while, so that is also contributing to the decision to retune on Hondata.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
it makes sense. no point of being able to increase the aircharge if you are knock limited due to octane.
I thought he hated hondata and only tuned the fk8's on ktuner. I just sold my hondata and switched to ktuner :(

I took all my flex fuel stuff off and switched to ktuner because he talked about how much better ktuner was and how flex fuel was pointless.
nope he does tune both. I'm going to be doing an etune with him soon, I've emailed and asked him questions i had and he has responded really quickly.
If you look on his instagram, you can see he does tune flashpro also.

Just because he thinks it's better doesn't mean he won't tune it on a different platform. He has also tuned someone on flex fuel on instagram and said he can tune it with enough boost out even though he believes it to be pointless.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I thought he hated hondata and only tuned the fk8's on ktuner. I just sold my hondata and switched to ktuner :(

I took all my flex fuel stuff off and switched to ktuner because he talked about how much better ktuner was and how flex fuel was pointless.
He does custom tuning on a lot of platforms, including Hondata. http://www.innovative-motorworks.com/services.php

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a bad idea, people are going to disable this shit and turn up the airchage and window their block with spike of 470lbs of torque like that. Also just disabling it most likely wont do shit unless your up your torque tables and add more aircharge.
so I was thinking that, but these ECUs go by torque values...so it wouldn't go over a set torque unless you changed it either way...correct? Meaning you wouldn't see that spike since it's not set that way

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
so I was thinking that, but these ECUs go by torque values...so it wouldn't go over a set torque unless you changed it either way...correct? Meaning you wouldn't see that spike since it's not set that way
It should be fine unless you went in and crank up the torque tables and the air charge table previously try to get more boost but was being limited because of the egt's.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yes technically UNLESS your car wasn't able to hit the requested torque due to the aircharge being lowered cause of EGTs.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should be fine unless you went in and crank up the torque tables and the air charge table previously try to get more boost but was being limited because of the egt's.
right okay, that's how I'm seeing it in my head lol. Either way, I'm not doing it unless I'm on a dyno to verify everything is good lol

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
yaaaaa im jumping on this bandwagon. Ive been back and forth so much on what my first true mod should be spent on. From wheels, to exhaust, to intake. But getting a flashpro is the best option. Going to finally pull the trigger. Hondata's continued support for the platform is amazing.

Question is do I fork up that extra for a remote clone. (it would be easier to hide from GF the fact I don't have my car down from running lol.)

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
here are my logs if anyone is interested. Ion the 93 improved throttle basic tune with the new settings turned on. any questions ask.
It was 88 degrees out and im at 2200 above sea level if that matters. hard to get up to speed around here but there is some info there. If you see anything interesting let me know. I couldn't get above 24 psi so no idea how they got to 29. I have front, exhaust, intake, inter cooler on car.

Attachments

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here are my logs if anyone is interested. Ion the 93 improved throttle basic tune with the new settings turned on. any questions ask.
It was 88 degrees out and im at 2200 above sea level if that matters. hard to get up to speed around here but there is some info there. If you see anything interesting let me know. I couldn't get above 24 psi so no idea how they got to 29. I have front, exhaust, intake, inter cooler on car.
so even though you have that new setting on...if you didn't change the torque tables, you won't see any higher boost...correct me if I'm wrong

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
so even though you have that new setting on...if you didn't change the torque tables, you won't see any higher boost...correct me if I'm wrong
I dont know. People were curious, I don't mind being a Guinea pig. I put new settings on when out drove, posted data logs. Other then that I got no idea. I just know the car runs good, cool, solid, smooth, zero knocks and zero errors. I plan to take it to a pro tuner when i both get the money to burn and have time to drive across state as there are zero on this side of state.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know. People were curious, I don't mind being a Guinea pig. I put new settings on when out drove, posted data logs. Other then that I got no idea. I just know the car runs good, cool, solid, smooth, zero knocks and zero errors. I plan to take it to a pro tuner when i both get the money to burn and have time to drive across state as there are zero on this side of state.
oh yeah man, wasn't sure myself, reason I asked :D

I really need to get more active on contacting a tuner

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Does this answer your question (from this link: https://www.hondata.com/tech-tuning-the-k20c-fk8-civic-type-r

For those that have been tuned, etc; it is advised to consult with your tuner or follow the directions below if you have a basic understanding of tuning.

Closely watch the boost curve and do not to allow the WG actual to rest a 0mm for any period of time as you may send the turbo into overspeed and possibly damage the turbo and/or engine.

Special Attention to those that have highly elevated or maxed out values concerning air charge, requested torque, etc.… If you toggle this mod the ecu will give all the boost mechanically available. See below for a suggested starting point to make sure your tune will function as intended.

1. Turbo max ratio (PA), Turbo max ratio (temp) – return to off the shelf Arizona-California-Nevada 91 basemap values for initial test

2. Requested Torque - 1-6 C,S,R – return to stock or off the shelf Arizona-California-Nevada91 basemap values

3. Air Charge Limit – return to otsACN91 basemap values. To be completely safe limit max air charge to 200 for initial test.

4. Boost by ethanol limit – the ecu will take the lowest of this table vs Air Charge Limit. Set accordingly…
Sponsored