Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
It is a stock turbo and the engine has stock internals. With an aftermarket turbo you're probably going to see greater gains.

The AFM was not rescaled, nor the MAP disabled.
Awesome! Will you be releasing any basemaps utilizing this feature or should I rely solely on my tuner to create a tune for this? Thanks.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the new updates disables lowering the air charge due to EGT. So under high load, high rpm, it stops the ecu from lowering aircharge (basically boost) to stop the car from having too high of an EGT. (at least that's what i read it as)
With all things equal, this would create an even higher EGT as more boost = more heat. Higher EGT also means more stress to the engine itself, exhaust valves, turbos and if high enough can cause failures to some of the components.

Without any data though, it's hard to say just how high it becomes with just this mod applied. It's basically another feature that a tuner can use in order to extract more power if the customer wanted.

I love how they release all of these features to end users but at the same time I do worry about giving out so many features to end users that can possibly damage stuff. It's just another tool an end user can use to possibly damage their car...
Yeah reminds me of antilag...people started abusing it and blew their motor....at lead to some did. I think sometimes people just assume all these extra mods are safe for stock motor...but may not be the case.

I don't see myself running this without a tune to ensure everything is okay

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yeah reminds me of antilag...people started abusing it and blew their motor....at lead to some did. I think sometimes people just assume all these extra mods are safe for stock motor...but may not be the case.

I don't see myself running this without a tune to ensure everything is okay
What maps is everyone running with?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
it'll depends on your setup. it's been a while since i loaded my calibration, I'll have to check this weekend, as I'm going to be updating anyway
Ya I was just curious. I’m still waiting on a few mods to install before I tune.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya I was just curious. I’m still waiting on a few mods to install before I tune.
what I'd like to see is a calibration with this new setting...I just don't want to initiate it and run around hoping I don't over extend my EGT and blow the motor lol

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just hit up a Hondata tuner...about an hour away from me, but has good reviews...I may get a calibration soon with disabled EGT...if they deem it's safe to run

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The charts show before and after:

upload_2019-8-7_19-15-10.png

Wondering what bolt-ons are involved as the before numbers don't align with base map (without bolt-ons) on the Flashpro product page.
This is a bad idea, people are going to disable this shit and turn up the airchage and window their block with spike of 470lbs of torque like that. Also just disabling it most likely wont do shit unless your up your torque tables and add more aircharge.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i'm not going to lie .. i've reflashed it but haven't driven it yet.

i'm still kinda debating if i feel like trying it out first or wait for more data ...
same here need hondata to answer all the ?’s that are not being answered on all posts and or
More data to be shared.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
i'm not going to lie .. i've reflashed it but haven't driven it yet.

i'm still kinda debating if i feel like trying it out first or wait for more data ...
I've been speaking with Derek on moving my car over to Hondata. I need to find a date that works for me to get to his shop, but we're going to retune on the Hondata platform to see what we can squeeze out of this feature. I don't have any idea of timing yet but hopefully in the coming weeks. My intention is to use the stock turbo for now (until the PRL drop in comes out, if it comes out), and see if we can hit 400whp+ while keeping torque limited to safe levels. We shall see!
Sponsored