Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
do you have any datalog you can share.
Curious to see how the fueling up top is.
If you run this, please report back with your findings. I’d like to see where this will go with just FBO, factory fuel system and MAF, and pump gas.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Would like to see what kind of boost and power levels we’d see on FBO cars.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im trying to be patient with KTuner, because I really liked their work with the 1.5T SI. With every Hondata improvement, it's getting harder and harder though. I get not embracing anti-lag - it's dangerous. But then there was the advanced traction control, and now this.

I really hope that they're just saving it all for one big release.
I don't think they will man, from what I've seen in their replies...they are limited, apparently due to "politics" as it was stated

You and me both. I've been teetering on the fence of dumping ktuner and getting hondata. It's getting really hard not to. I just really don't want the hassle of selling the ktuner but I may have to.
Yeah, I had Ktuner, switched to hondata as soon as traction control came out...I would not bother holding out for anything new from ktuner.

...Hondata has this feature as well, but I believe that you still need to leave their programming brick dangling from the ODBII port.
lol, yeah, I routed the cable behind the dash and have that module sitting in the center area in front of the shifter...it works pretty good that way for me, but I know what you mean.

Oh I just threw it on and went for spin. I have a throttle controller on the port so didnt log anything. I got a busy day tomorrow but ill see if I can post one later in day.
Be careful...I do worry some could get to carried away and blow their motor with this. I just wish my local tuner did work with flashpro, but he hates hondata. He actually convinced me to go with ktuner, lol...bad idea, glad I'm with hondata now...but I need to find a tuner that isn't biased

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
If you run this, please report back with your findings. I’d like to see where this will go with just FBO, factory fuel system and MAF, and pump gas.
Yeah im running it. Ill try post a log later today. My test drive ,it seems to run smooth.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Would like to see what kind of boost and power levels we’d see on FBO cars.
Well, my initial test, was short, I consistantly hit 24 , but not above. Before this tune I could hit 26. But i only drove it around 10 mins. Later today ill go out for more time and play and see. Same settings on this tune as old just checked the new box. But does seem to run faster.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i was under the impression that this was more for people with upgraded turbos who had the issue PRL had in the upper rpms and not for power on stock turbo cars but idk.

I may do a quick run with it though just for data purposes and see how different the parameters are.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I don't think they will man, from what I've seen in their replies...they are limited, apparently due to "politics" as it was stated

Yeah, I had Ktuner, switched to hondata as soon as traction control came out...I would not bother holding out for anything new from ktuner.
Listed my v2 for sale. Hondata here I come!

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
i was under the impression that this was more for people with upgraded turbos who had the issue PRL had in the upper rpms and not for power on stock turbo cars but idk.

I may do a quick run with it though just for data purposes and see how different the parameters are.
I asked hondata on the YouTube video for this whether this dyno plot was using the stock turbo and they said “yes”. (Didn’t give me any other context).

I hope someone can throw this on a dyno with a basemap to see if there is more torque / power in upper rev range

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I asked hondata on the YouTube video for this whether this dyno plot was using the stock turbo and they said “yes”. (Didn’t give me any other context).

I hope someone can throw this on a dyno with a basemap to see if there is more torque / power in upper rev range
I wonder what changes to suddenly increase top end power? I know that they mentioned MAF Scaling - how does that work? Are there any risks to that approach?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wonder what changes to suddenly increase top end power? I know that they mentioned MAF Scaling - how does that work? Are there any risks to that approach?
the new updates disables lowering the air charge due to EGT. So under high load, high rpm, it stops the ecu from lowering aircharge (basically boost) to stop the car from having too high of an EGT. (at least that's what i read it as)
With all things equal, this would create an even higher EGT as more boost = more heat. Higher EGT also means more stress to the engine itself, exhaust valves, turbos and if high enough can cause failures to some of the components.

Without any data though, it's hard to say just how high it becomes with just this mod applied. It's basically another feature that a tuner can use in order to extract more power if the customer wanted.

I love how they release all of these features to end users but at the same time I do worry about giving out so many features to end users that can possibly damage stuff. It's just another tool an end user can use to possibly damage their car...

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
@Hondata Could you provide some more background info on the dyno charts you showed? Is this on the stock turbo or on the PRL hybrid?

I see you are making 426 peak hp at 353 ft. lbs of torque at 5500 rpm. You also show peak torque of 460 ft lbs at 4000 rpms.

Does that mean that in theory, we could leave torque capped around 350-375lb throughout the entire RPM range (using the torque target table) to still achieve 400+ whp while keeping torque conservative?

I think a lot of people want to know this. Thanks.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Does that mean that in theory, we could leave torque capped around 350-375lb throughout the entire RPM range (using the torque target table) to still achieve 400+ whp while keeping torque conservative?

I think a lot of people want to know this. Thanks.
since horsepower is a result of torque and rpm,
HP = (RPM x torque)/5252

there are two ways to increase HP. You either increase the max RPM or increase the torque. Since we are limited to at max 7k or 7200 rpm due to valve float, only way to increase peak HP is to increase torque.

So if you are able to keep boost up in the higher rpm and reduce the amount of torque drop off that we usually see, it would increase horsepower.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
since horsepower is a result of torque and rpm,
HP = (RPM x torque)/5252

there are two ways to increase HP. You either increase the max RPM or increase the torque. Since we are limited to at max 7k or 7200 rpm due to valve float, only way to increase peak HP is to increase torque.

So if you are able to keep boost up in the higher rpm and reduce the amount of torque drop off that we usually see, it would increase horsepower.
Agreed. I want to confirm with Hondata that they're saying 400whp+ on stock internals is possible.
Sponsored