Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Anyone else notice the gear box doesn't feel very mechanical compared to a evo or Subaru? If so what are your thoughts on it, do you like it more, does it feel easier to shift? Also how would one go about getting that mechanical shift feel in the gear box?
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone else notice the gear box doesn't feel very mechanical compared to a evo or Subaru? If so what are your thoughts on it, do you like it more, does it feel easier to shift? Also how would one go about getting that mechanical shift feel in the gear box?
Have you modified your shifter yet? Acuity, Alta, Boomba, Buddy Club, Hybrid Racing?

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Have you modified your shifter yet? Acuity, Alta, Boomba, Buddy Club, Hybrid Racing?
I have not, but I did not know it was electrical, that explains it all haha very interesting
thats because it isnt, it is shift by wire, bluetooth connection. you dont have the phone app?
Also I did not know about a phone app, are you serious? Lol

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have not, but I did not know it was electrical, that explains it all haha very interesting

Also I did not know about a phone app, are you serious? Lol
Lol donā€™t listen to Jason, but maybe you arenā€™t used to the cable shifters. Either way Iā€™m personally running all of the acuity upgrades on my shifter. It definitely has increased the ā€œdriver connectionā€ if that makes any sense. Before when it was stock I felt like the shifting was at times vague. It wasnā€™t bad but the upgrades have brought it to another level. Thereā€™s multiple options out there, Iā€™ll be replacing my setup for a full shifter. If youā€™re interested in buying my old setup let me know.

Otherwise first thing I would try is upgrading the shift cable bushings. Acuity and hybrid racing make their own.

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
+1 for Acuity Bushings and I would add getting a weighted shift knob helps too.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
The fk8 has been widely reported as one of the best shifts of any manual at any price range....what do you lot mean by 'mechanical?'

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It does feel very good but almost too good haha.
Get the cable bushings and the centering spring, that alone should get you the results you are looking for (I think).

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Doesn't feel as good as a B Series Honda gearbox, but it's still a decent feeling gearbox for today.

Binzor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R
Country flag
Lol donā€™t listen to Jason, but maybe you arenā€™t used to the cable shifters. Either way Iā€™m personally running all of the acuity upgrades on my shifter. It definitely has increased the ā€œdriver connectionā€ if that makes any sense. Before when it was stock I felt like the shifting was at times vague. It wasnā€™t bad but the upgrades have brought it to another level. Thereā€™s multiple options out there, Iā€™ll be replacing my setup for a full shifter. If youā€™re interested in buying my old setup let me know.

Otherwise first thing I would try is upgrading the shift cable bushings. Acuity and hybrid racing make their own.
Hey mate, are you still selling your old setup? If yes could you send me some info on what you have please?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey mate, are you still selling your old setup? If yes could you send me some info on what you have please?
Hey buddy sorry Iā€™ve parted with that setup a while ago. But just go for a Acuity stage 2 kit ( if you donā€™t want the knob, just piece it together might be cheaper)
Sponsored